-

"You are my sunshine

my only sunshine

you make me happy

when skies are grey"

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing the sun peeking through the blinds.

"You'll never know dear

how much I love you

please don't take, my sunshine away"

Turning around, I faced Josh, who had been playing with a strand of my hair absentmindedly.

"If you didn't live here I would think you were a creeper", I said, snuggling into his chest. 

I felt him chuckle, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I sighed, inhaling his smell, missing being close to him.

"I missed you", I whispered, looking up at him.

"I missed you too", he said with a smile. I turned around so his arms were around my waist as I leaned back into him.

"I wanna go to sleep", I mumbled, closing my eyes.

He chuckled again, kissing the top of my head. "It's 3 in the afternoon, Els".

I craned my neck around to face him. "Seriously"?

He nodded, pulling out his phone to show me the time.

"I've been asleep forever"!

Once again he laughed, looking at my confused expression.

"How are you feeling"? he asked,

"Fine", I said. "Why wouldn't I be"?

"Because you've been sleeping all day, Ellie".

"I'm fine, Josh. Stop worrying about me".

He sighed, pushing the stray hairs that had fallen in front of my face behind my ear. "It's hard, Ellie. After you told me about everything that happened in the past, I can't help but worry about you. What if it comes back"? 

He sounded so nervous. "Josh, I'm fine, I promise. You don't need to worry about me".

He kissed me, tenderly on the lips, before pulling me into his arms.

After a moment of saying nothing, Josh broke the scilence. "Do you want anything"? he asked, already standing up.

"I'm hungryyy", I said, whining like a 5 year old.

He smirked, coming over to my side of the bed to help me up. 

"What would you like to eat"?

I thought about it for a minute, not sure of what to ask for.

"A cinnabun", I said, walking towards the bathroom to brush my hair.

"I've never had a cinnabun", Josh said from the bedroom.

I walked out of the bathroom, comb in hand. "Please tell me you're joking".

He laughed and shook his head. "I'm being 100 percent serious".

"Ok, we're going over to the mall and you're eating a cinnabun".

"Fine", Josh whined.

"Good". I gave him a quick kiss before turning back to my hair. "Now shoo, child. I have to get dressed".

"I am not a child", he declared, sitting down on the bed.

I smiled at him, walking over to the closet where Josh's guitar still lay on the floor. Good thing he didn't come in here.

"Whatever, you still have to get out".

"Why"?

I shoved the guitar up on the top shld, noticing Josh hadn't noticed. "Because I have to get dressed, Josh"!

"So"?

I glared at him, but didn't say anything. I pulled a sweater off its hook, not caring what it looked like. Closing the closet, I picked a clean pair of jeans out of a pile of laundry at the edge of the bed and pulled them on, trying to ignore Josh staring at me.

Finally, I couldn't take it any longer.

"Can I help you"? I asked, throwing on the sweater.

He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer. 

"I just forgot just how much I miss you", he said.

"That's cheesy".

"But it works".

He kissed me again, softly. I reached up to tangle my hands in his black and silver bangs. Slowly, his hands roamed lower, and the kiss deepened. I pulled away.

"Not now, Josh"; I said, still slightly out of breath from the kiss.

"Whyy"? he said, whining again as he continued to hold me close to him.

"Because I'm hungry. Let's go to the mall"!

I walked away, Josh sulking behind me.

"So you would choose food over me"? he asked, grabbing his car keys.

My stomach growled and we both laughed. "Right now, yes"!

-

"This thing is huge".

'But delicious; stop being a baby and just eat it already"!

Josh and I sat in the food court at the mall, two cinnabuns sitting on the table.I had already eaten half of mine, Josh hadn't touched his yet.

"Josh, honey, just eat the cinnamon bun. It's not going to do anything to you".

He glared at me  from across the table, but ripped off a piece of the cinnabun and shoved it in his mouth. 

"Ok, fine. It's good".

"Told you", I said laughing. He stuck his tounge out at me, but continued to eat.

An hour later we returned home, laying in bed together.

"I'm cold", I whispered to Josh, wrapping my arms around his neck. He understood, holding me tighter to him.

"I really did miss you, Ellie".

I looked up from Josh's chest and kissed him, hard on the lips. My hands moved to his hair as he started kissing my jaw, my neck. He rolled over so he was hovering over me, and continued to kiss my neck. I was probably going to have a hickey the next day, but I didn't care.

Anndddddd I don't know how to end it. I'm sorry it's kinda short, next chapter's Christmas though :)

So this story is about halfway over, I've had a lot of fun writing it. Thank you for taking the time to read it xxx

Please vote and comment? It would mean the world to me