Shadows of the Night

Start from the beginning

I sat my phone on my stand and lifted myself out of bed to wake up and do my hygiene. As I was showering it dawned on me that August was in my house last night. Crazy thing is I wanted him here. I wanted him to stay. I washed up a few more times and stepped out of the shower and headed to the sink to brush my teeth. When the door bell ranged. It had to be Nicki.

" I'm coming!" I screamed walking out of the bathroom with just my towel on.

"Here's your pancakes....where the hell is your clothes at ? Forget that but Tevin and Elvis want to go bowling tonight you down ?"

I grabbed my bag from her and walked into my room to toss on some house clothes.

" I guess, but damn we just saw their asses yesterday. And from the way you're walking you should be tired of seeing Tevin."

I had no problem with going out with them tonight but conversation was so boring at times with Elvis. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with the kid but boy talk about something interesting.

"Okay so 7:30?"

I sided eyed her.

"7:30? I hope we ain't gonna be out there long. Elvis is so boring ugh. "

Since Nicki spent time with Tevin last night we decided to hang out today and go to the city mall.

" What you so happy for Lani ? You just been smiling all day "

I looked at her like she was crazy. I couldn't tell her that I've had a conversation with a spirit.

" I'm just feeling real good today. I'm with my best friend, the vibe is right. I'm just happy to be here".

We was at the mall for a few hours. My phone rung.

" Hello , umm yea Nicki told me. We are on our way right now. ". Nicki looked over at me.

" Bitch who was that and Nicki told you what ".

I grabbed my car keys.

" That was Elvis they said they were about to be at the house later on today. So I guess we got to bail".

We finally leave the mall right when we pulled up to the house Tevin and Elvis was right behind us.

" Ayeeee wassup shawty! I hope yal don't mind I brought a few drinks. " Tevin pulled out a bottle of Hennessy.

" Tevin , turn up bro ! Let's get this shit poppin. Aye Nicki yal got a few glasses. " Elvis said walking towards the couch.

I wasn't down with this drinking shit. Only because I don't really know them like that. These are Nicki people I'm just helping her out. I hope these niggas don't think they are about to get wasted in my house.

" Nicki could you come here for a second"

She walked towards me smiling.

" Wassup Lani ?"

I knew exactly what I was gonna tell her.

"Them that's what. You said we was going out. You said nothing about Hennessy and these niggas chilling in my house. I'm not gonna have this".

She looked at me stale faced.

" Come on Lani we just chilling".

Did she not hear what I just said.

" No. There will be no chilling no nothing. I don't want them in my house. Cause first it starts off with drinking , then who knows how they act when they are dunk. Oh and what when they get dumb wasted I'm supposed to let them crash here ? Is that what it is. Look Nick I love you I do but if you think this is about to go down here you got another thing coming. Go with them to their place. Cause it won't be happening here".

I love Nicki I do but no not in my house.

" Why you acting like this Lani ? You act like its so hard to chill you know what I'm out you're really tripping".

" Tripping Nicki ? I'm tripping I'm thinking about me!!! And if you can't accept that maybe you just need to leave my house".

I swear it made me sad talking to Nicki that way but some things have to be done. She collected everything that was hers and left out of the house with Tevin and Elvis behind her.

" Man ya girl really tripping ".

" Fuck you! With your basic ass "

I yelled before locking the door behind me. They got me all the way fucked up. And as for Nicki I can't believe her.

I really didn't know what to do with this chapter but eh leave some comments. Show a nigga some love.

Oh what yal think about Nicki 👀 her ass got a piece of Tevin and can't act right!