The man closest to my dad had dark grey eyes that resembled the color and hardness of a rock. His face had chiseled features, his cheekbones raised high. If he smiled for a second he might actually look friendly and cute but he kept a straight face that could ruin anyone’s day instantly. His body was well toned and his black hair cascaded in a shaggy haircut, coming down to his eyes. The other man had beady black eyes but they weren’t hostile like the first man. Instead he had a nice smiling face and winked at me when I was caught for staring. His blonde hair didn’t really match his dark eyes perfectly but he still seemed friendly enough and had a nice toned body too. Hey, it’s hard not to notice.

“Marie, only these two gentlemen will be seated with us tonight. Alpha Slade didn’t think two packs in one room would be a wise decision. They are also staying for the next few nights so make sure the guest rooms are ready” dad said.

“Pleased to meet you,” mom bowed formally, to the waist down and hurried into the kitchen. We didn’t have a maid to do all the chores so mom did everything around the house. Even though we had plenty of money to hire a chief and a housemaid, mom always insisted her doing it because she enjoyed it. Typical housewife if you ask me.

“Children, say hello." We said our ‘hellos’ and dad introduced everyone. The man closest to my dad was named Lucas Slade or the Alpha of the pack and the second man was Jace Kyler, Alpha Slade’s assistant and closest friend. Zane and I each took turns bowing, mimicking mom.

When I looked up and got a better close up at them, I realized that they were incredibly young. Young enough to be in their late teenage years or early twenties. I looked at Zane and he gave me the same curious look. Alphas were usually older because they would have more wisdom and a better understanding. These two looked like college kids maybe even Zane’s age who was at the ripe age of nineteen.

“Dinner should be ready now. Shall we gentlemen?” my dad gestured to the dining room. The Alpha didn’t give us much more than a glance before following dad to the dining room but the guy named Jace smiled at both of us and kindly said ‘hello.’

Dinner was served and it was practically the most boring meal I’ve ever had. Dad and the Alpha were talking about business and Jace contributed at times but mostly kept quiet, looking around his surroundings.

Zane kicked me from under the table and I glanced up, thinking there was a problem. He was eating his food as if everything in the world was fine. I resumed eating, slowly this time and watchful. The kick from under the table was harder this time, making me wince when it hit my ankle that I had injured many years ago. This time Zane couldn’t hold his snicker.

I rolled my eyes and kicked him across the table without getting noticed. Dad was too sucked into the conversation between the three men. Mom looked at us suspiciously though which ended our little battle at the dining table but Zane’s wink told me that it wasn’t over yet. I gave him my best smirk.

After the endless dinner without being able to mess around a bit with Zane, we were free from our good behavior. The guests were led to dad’s office and we were about to sneak off upstairs when mom stopped us.

“I want you two to get the guest rooms ready,” she said, crossing her arms. Caught.

“But mom…” I whined but she tsked, shaking her head.

“Don’t think I didn’t notice you two at the dining table. Now scat,” she said sternly but playfully, hitting us with her dishtowel.

“Come on Alexia, it won’t be that bad,” Zane said, taking my hand and ran up the stairs, dragging me like a ragdoll. We finally reached the guest wing and made sure the bed sheets were fresh and the room looked decent. “What do you think about them?” Zane suddenly asked, catching me off guard while I was fluffing a pillow.

“They look really young,” I observed.

“Ew, don’t tell me you have a crush on them,” he said with a disgusted face.

“No, of course not!” I threw the pillow at him, hitting him straight in the face. Bulls eyes.

“What was that for?” He sounded hurt but he was the master at emotions so I wasn’t too worried.

“I was checking to see if the pillow had enough fluff. Guess it did,” I shrugged. Seconds afterwards, a full blast of a pillow fight erupted, white pillows flying everywhere across the room. Within a few minutes, the floor became layered with pillows and things were getting pretty messy.

“Eat this,” Zane grinned and shoved a pillow in my face. I yelled but the sound of my voice was lost into the pillow.

“You suck,” I spat once I was released.

A knock came from the door and it opened, revealing the Alpha and Jace. All four of us stood in shock. We were in a shitload of trouble.