School Days

You and Robbie were sitting together in school today. You both were working on a school project that is due tomorrow. Robbie was gluing things onto the tri-fold while you were printing and cutting. Robbie would occasionally glue his fingers together and you two would have a couple laughs. Both of you have been friends for years, probably since grade school. You were pretty close to each other, in a friendly way. The two desks that you and him were sitting at were connected, so there was no space between you two. There was an awkward atmosphere, noticing how you are sitting so close to him that your legs almost touched each-other's. You liked him a little, well, a lot. But there is a very slight chance that he likes you back.

"Um, (y/n)?" Robbie asked.

"Yes?" You said.

"Well, ah, I need to ask you something..." He scratched behind his neck and laughed. "Do you....know where the extra glue is at?" He tried to cover up his relief that he hadn't said what he really wanted to, but he didn't disguise it so well.

You noticed you were holding your breath and let it out disappointingly. You handed the glue to him and he grabbed into the top, his palm touching the top of your hand. Your eyes looked up, your gaze meeting his. He made eye contact, and your cheeks turned red. His eyes are a mixed combination of bright green, forest green, and a tint of yellow. His eyes are so pretty to look into, if only you were his...

Someone across from you cleared their throat, and you snapped your head around. They chucked and went back to their work.

Your hand released from the glue, and you cleared your throat. "Is that the glue you were talking about?"

He took his his thumb and rubbed the palm of his hand, right where it touched your skin.

"Yea, that's it." He mumbled.

The work began again, you printing, cutting, and then him gluing. Your leg scooted a bit towards him, moving that there is only an inch between your two legs. Robbie looked down for a second, taking the hint, and slowly moved his leg towards you. His skin eventually touched yours. His leg hair tickled your newly shaved calves.

"I-I like you (y/n)." He stuttered, looking down.

You grabbed his hand and laced your fingers with his. "I like you too."

He looked up hopefully. "Be mine?"

You chuckled lightly. "Yes, of course."