Chapter 5

Anakin stared at Rex in shock. "You aren't following the order?" Rex shook his head. "No sir. Before Fives died, we received a message from him about the biochips, so we removed them." "Good thing too." Appo said as he holstered his blaster. "It was only a couple days after that when Order 66 went out." The Togruta women whimpered, and Anakin turned around. "Are you all right?" She nodded and looked at the bodies of the two dead clones. "What's going on?" Rex looked at Anakin. "Sir we need to get you and the civilian out of here now. The orders are to find any Force users and execute them." Anakin nodded and grabbed the Togruta by the arm, gently helping her up. "Can you make it out of here?" She nodded, resting one hand on her belly. "We set up a safe point some distance north from the town. We should be able to meet the rest of my people there." Anakin looked at Appo and Rex, who nodded as well. "We can move through the end of this street. The connecting patrol shouldn't be there for another three minutes." Rex and Appo took point, with Anakin staying by the Togruta's side. "What's your name?" The Togruta looked at Anakin curiously. Anakin glanced at her then looked up at the roof of the building they were passing. "It's Anakin." The Togruta smiled. "Well Anakin, my name is Amuly Physh. Thank you for saving me." "Don't thank me until I get you to your family." Anakin muttered as they neared the end of the street.

"Halt!" A group of clone troopers came around the building at the end of the street and began firing. Rex and Appo drew their blasters and returned fire, and Anakin pushed Amuly behind him as he drew his lightsaber. Rex and Appo crouched behind an abandoned stack of crates and continued firing as Anakin protected Amuly with his lightsaber. "Sir, you need to get the civilian out of here!" Appo said as he shot a clone trooper through the chest. "We can distract them while you take her through that house." Rex jerked his head towards the house on the opposite side of the street. Anakin looked at the house then back to Rex and nodded. Appo stood up and shot another trooper in the head, and Rex saluted Anakin with one hand. "It's been an honor fighting with you sir." Appo and Rex charged towards the group of clones firing, and Anakin grabbed Amuly's arm and dragged her towards the house. "What about the others?" She gasped as Anakin kicked the door open. "They're giving us a chance." Anakin said curtly as he opened the back door and checked for troopers. "It's clear."

Anakin and Amuly ran through the outskirts of the town and into the brush. Anakin immediately had to slow down, even though Amuly wasn't complaining. She was panting slightly as they struggled up a  hill through the thick vegetation, and her white and blue headtails were gleaming with sweat. At the top, Anakin paused. He could see the town through the trees, and there wasn't any more gunfire. He sighed and turned to Amuly. "We'll rest here for a few minutes, then keep heading towards the meeting place." Amuly shook her head, panting. "I'm good, we can keep going." No, you're panting after just this, you need to be careful! What if something happens-" Anakin shut his mouth, and Amuly laughed before covering her mouth to muffle the noise. "You're worried about this?" Amuly rubbed her belly. "I can tell it's going to be coming soon. Very soon. So the faster we get to my people, the better." Anakin blinked and nodded slowly. "All right, but we'll take it slow." Amuly grinned and pressed her hands on the small of her back. "Oof, ok. I don't think I'd be able to go that fast even if I wanted to." Amuly started walking down the hill, and Anakin grabbed her elbow just as her foot slipped. "Whoops!" Amuly grinned at him. "Thanks." Anakin nodded as he helped her down the hill, making sure to take the easiest path. He glanced up at the sky, where the sun was just barely visible as it set. "Ahsoka, where are you? What do I do now?"