Old Fears and the Shaky New Friendship?

Start from the beginning

"Well this is just great." Crystal sighed, taking a seat on a rock. Much to her annoyance, Gold plopped himself down right next to her.

"We can't fly ourselves out of this because of the atmospherical pressure, right? So what can we do?" Emerald asked.

"Ugh. Don't tell me we have to go back. There're too many pokémon that way." Blue groaned.

"And I don't wanna climb up that." Gold stated, to no one in particular.

"We have to keep going though. So, go around the cliff maybe?" Yellow suggested.

"Great idea Yellow! Let's bushwhack!" Red leapt up, and immediately began shoving his way through the trees off the side of the path. He knew he had to get them moving or the group would start falling apart.

"Ever the optimist." Green sighed, then got up and began to follow him.

"There's no way ya c'n do that while trampin' through there, Ruby." Sapphire said, then scrambled up a tree.

"Just watch me." Ruby muttered, and plunged into the woods while determinedly continuing to sew his shirt up. He ran into a tree.

"AHAHAHAHAHA! You better take wild girl's advice, sissy boy!" Gold shouted, and ran after Red. Ruby glared after him, holding his sore nose.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Do we have visuals on their destination?" Raquelle asked the panting girl who had just returned from a scouting mission.

"Affirmative. They landed at Mt. Silver." Was the reply. Raquelle smiled. No more aerial escapes. This would be the final showdown. Then Green would be all hers.

"Wonderful. You are dismissed." The girl threw a quick salute, and ran off. After Raquelle had somewhat gotten over her rage at the dex-holders' escape, she had pulled her forces together and gotten them completely organized, military fashion. The repeated escapes of their prey had only served to madden and strengthen the fans under her command, and now they were unstoppable, fueled by their deep-seated love for their idols.

"The next time we meet Greenie boy, will be the last. Then we will be together forever." Her eyes burned maniacally, and her lips parted to allow a bone-chilling, terrifying laugh. The fans closest to her moved away, fear in their eyes. She rubbed her hands together. Erin stared at her from a distance away, not quite sure what to make of the obsession that was eating away at the other girl.

"Come Erin, let's go get what we came for." Raquelle grated, and held out her hand. Hesitantly, Erin took it.

"Full speed ahead to Mt. Silver!" Raquelle roared, holding their hands above her head. The army of fans erupted into wild cheers and screams. Then, as one, the group took off for the summit of Mt. Silver.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Blue crashed through the undergrowth in a foul temper. Even on her adventures she hadn't had to go 'bushwhacking' or whatever Red had called it. She hated how every twig caught at her hair, and she swore the roots were trying to trip her on purpose. She glanced over at Silver, and saw that he was having the same problem.

"Hawhawhaw! Silver, looks like you're in trouble!" Gold guffawed, looking at Silver who was helplessly standing in one spot, his long red hair tangled in a branch. Silver glared at him.

"Shut it Gold." Crystal said, kicking him in the gut and walking over to help her friend out.

"Owch... Take it easy super serious gal. It's his own fault for trying so hard to look like a girl-" The rest of his sentence was cut short by Pink accidentally running into him.

"Oops, sorry 'bout that!" She said cheerfully, brushing him off and patting him on the head. Then she walked off, whistling happily to herself.

"...I feel violated." Gold said, staring at her receding back with a distinctly creeped out look on his face. A now-free Silver punched him in the face.

"Geez, why does eberybody godda bead ub on me?" Gold muttered, pinching his bloodied nose.

"Hey guys! Looks like there's another clearing up ahead!" Red shouted excitedly, and everybody hurried over to see for themselves.

"...Oh no. No no no no." Sapphire murmured.

Placed in the center of the clearing was a large, craggy nest. And lying curled up and asleep inside, was a salamence.

"We gotta git away now, before it wakes up." She whispered to her companions, and began backing away.

The rest looked at her with confusion evident on their faces. Sapphire, the battle-ready wild girl, afraid of a pokémon? Shrugging at each other, they began to follow suit.

"AHA!" Came a loud cry from the back of the group. They all whirled around to see which idiot had made the noise. The salamence did likewise.

Ruby had just walked up to the rest of the group, and had finished repairing his shirt. He looked up, and finally realized what he had just done. A look of horror briefly flitted across his face, and he took a step backwards. The salamence slowly got to its feet.

Sapphire grabbed hold of Ruby's hand, breathing quickly and shallowly, gulping little mouthfuls of air. Ruby wasn't much better off. He had a hand on his hat, and was trembling ever so slightly.

The salamence opened its mouth, and let out an earth-shaking roar, then began to lumber straight towards them, mouth open wide.

"Flamethrower."

"Thunderbolt!"

The two moves hit simultaneously and the dragon pokémon crumpled under their weight.

"What's wrong with you two? It's just a wild pokémon. You were fighting them fine before." Green asked, returning his charizard to its pokéball. Red stared at them, equally curious, and Pika hopped onto his shoulder. Ruby and Sapphire spent a moment in slack-jawed shock, before regaining their composure.

"N-nothin. Nothin's th'matter. Jus' don't ask." Sapphire answered, tremulously. Ruby looked at the ground.

"Ummm, guys? I think we have bigger problems." Blue called. From their position in the clearing, the bottom of the mountain was visible. Blue had snatched the chance to look out for any sign of their pursuers.

"Yeah, they're here." Yellow said from her position next to Blue.

The tiny black dots of hundreds of people were barely discernible from where they were, but it was clear that they had just made the bottom of the mountain, and were on their way up.

"I think we might want to get going now." Pink stated, matter-of-factly.

"For once I agree with her." Gold said.

"Oh dear, if Gold agrees, then we must do what he says." Silver said in a monotone mockery.

"Shuttup Silver!" Gold yelled, and chased after him.

Sapphire tuned out their bickering, and carefully stepped over the unconscious salamence. Then she followed her friends towards the peak of Mt. Silver.

Yes, Bushwhacking is a thing. It's a hiking term for hiking without a path. Anyhoo, not much I have to say! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!