Mt. Silver Sighting

Start from the beginning

"That was... beautiful." Ruby summed up, and the rest nodded.

"What's wrong with you two? You're the last ones that I would expect to cry." Silver said, startled by the streams of tears leaking from Blue and Gold's eyes.

"W-we have to go back!" Blue screamed, hysteria filling her voice.

"Why?" Green questioned, very weirded out.

"You don't understand!" Gold shouted, his voice panicky.

"We left the money behind!" Blue wailed, and the rest blew sighs of frustration.

"Well, too bad. We are not turning back now." Green stated bluntly.

"NNNOOOOOOO!"

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"I can't believe you always hitch a ride with us. Can't you just get your own flying pokémon?" Ruby asked, staring at Emerald over the top of his glasses. The small boy was sitting behind Ruby and Sapphire on Pilo, Sapphire's tropius.

"I could ask you the same question." Emerald stuck his tongue out at Ruby, "You're always riding with Sapph." Sapphire was grateful that she was sitting the furthest ahead, because her two companions couldn't see the deep blush that crept up her face with that statement.

"Well obviously I don't have one, I don't want to go through some dirty battle to catch one, and I can't give directions and sew at the same time." Ruby replied, coolly, and returned to said sewing.

"Psh. Prissy boy." Emerald retorted, "Fine. I guess I'll do some reading then." And he pulled a graphic novel out from inside of his voluminous sleeves.

"I didn't know you liked to read." Said Ruby, slightly curious, but keeping his eyes glued to his project.

"Only if it is mostly pictures, and is interesting stuff." Emerald said, giggling at a page.

"Mostly pictures? Now that sounds like a book I wanna take a look at!" Said Sapphire, whirling around. Her face went pale.

"Waitaminute, what're you reading?" She said, and Ruby looked up. Emerald was holding volume 22 of the Pokémon Special manga.

"AAAH! STOPPIT!" Ruby and Sapphire yelled in unison, both of them blushing deeply. They both lunged for him, but Emerald kicked off his extra gadgets and effectively shrunk. Dodging between them, he continued to flip through pages of the book.

"Oh, you both had childhood friends I see? No wonder you two act like that! But their outlines look kinda familiar..."

"GIVE ME THAT BOOK!" Ruby screamed, and caught hold of Emerald's giant croissant-shaped hair.

"Owowowow! Lemme go!" Emerald shrieked, and somehow wriggled free.

"Wait, so you two were each other's childhood friends and never even realized it?! Man you guys are dumb! Wow! And Sapph, hahahahahaaha! You look ridiculous in those princess clothes!" Emerald continued, and Sapphire made a leap for him, growling in the back of her throat, and blushing an even darker shade of red.

"Oh man, you two are priceless!" Emerald giggled, nimbly skipping out of Sapphire's path.

"RALD! Don't you dare turn another page! Y'hear?! I will murder you in yer sleep!" Sapphire howled. But it was too late. Emerald turned the page.

He collapsed for a second, a look of blank shock and incomprehension written in his features. Ruby took the chance to snatch the book back and tossed it over and into thin air. Both he and Sapphire awkwardly looked anywhere but at each other or at Emerald.