The Blue Blood

This was never meant to happen.

I was never supposed to find a mate. Much less one that despised me so much.

My entire life was planned out since before I was born.

And yet here I stand in the now bare room I once called mine. My things had already been packed hours ago and all I waited on was the handsome yet ruthless man that claimed to be my mate.

I walk into the bare on suite bathroom as I reminisce on olden times when life was certain, when I knew what would happen to me and what was expected from me. As I stare at the wide eyed, white haired girl in the mirror. She looks uncertain, afraid even with her big doe-like grey eyes too big for her face, those rosy red cupid bow lips. Her long white hair always neatly in place.

The people within the royal palace always talked about her beauty. She mesmerized them with her elegance and grace. "The prefect daughter" her father always said.

It's funny to think that in a matter of minutes even seconds, how my perfect world could shatter into a million pieces. I no longer was certain, my future turned into a mystery in a matter of minutes. I could no longer invision where I'd be in five years.

I've heard stories of when males and females find their mates. It's said the moment you realize you've found your mate your entire existence changes. You no longer are your own person, because your only purpose in life is to love and protect your mate. They're your only weakness.

Of course I've also heard of stories where the female doesn't so easily give into the mating bond, I always preferred those stories. It just always seemed so unreal for a person to fall immediately in love with someone.

This was different though. Female Blue Bloods never experience the mating bond. Even my mother who was able to find her mate claims to have never felt anything until she had fallen in love with him.

It's also different because unlike my mother whose mate wanted nothing more than to claim her right then and there, the male downstairs wanted nothing to do with me.

I keep my eyes locked on the pitiful girl in the mirror as I feel a presence in the room.
"you know hiding in here isn't going to make any of this go away " I locate my mother in the mirror her green eyes filled with sadness.

Clair Landon is the definition of beauty with her waist length white hair in its usual high ponytail. Her distinguished high cheekbones always naturally colored.  She had thin lips and a small waist and just so prefect. She stood strong when the person she loved the most was taken from her.

"Are you going to speak or would you rather stare at me? " she questioned, one delicate eyebrow raised in amusement.

" He doesn't want me. I don't see why I have to go if I'm not wanted." My voice is low and it sounds as if I have something stuck in my throat. "Belle, sweetheart. You know this isn't what I wanted for you. I don't want you to go either." I sigh as I know there's more, there's always more "but, he's your mate. He'll take good care of you. If he seems a little distant now, I'm sure it's just temporary. You know men like to put up a good front."

She closes the space between us as she leans into me, her front pressing up against my back as she traps me between the counter and her body.  She locks eyes with me and gently whispers in my ear "that is why men are weak. They care to much for reputation. It's quite amusing that they let their guard down with the person  they should be most careful with." her smile chills me to the bone as she backs away and says much louder "Remember you're the one with the power.  You're his mate but that doesn't mean he's yours. Don't fall for him, because the moment you do you become the weak one."

And with that said she walks gracefully out the bathroom, and out of the room. I turn back to the mirror, the girl is still staring at me. "I don't have any power." I sigh as the girl mirrors my actions "you need to be strong, nobody's going to want a weak girl." I tell the girl in the mirror, with one last look I turn away from her and begin my journey out the room and into the unknown.