Taking the next step (LoZ - Link x Reader)

Start from the beginning

Feeling dizzy from all the shaking, you cursed yourself once again for thinking that you could actually have a normal conversation with the hormone-driven woman sitting across from you.
To hell with her crazy mood swings!

Grabbing your still spinning head, you glared at your friend through narrowed eyes and hissed in a sharp tone.
"Damn it, Uli! Control your temper already! I'm really trying to seriously talk with you about it!"

The pregnant woman hold her hands up in defeat, giving you an apologetically smile.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's the pregnancy, it makes me kinda vivacious, thehe."

You breathed a sigh, nodding your head in understanding.
"Yeah, I know that it isn't your fault but still...could you please try harder to pull yourself together? I'd really like to talk with you about...you know...it, since you're the only person I can actually ask for advice..."

Smiling warmly at you, Uli poured the both of you a new cup of herb tea and took a quick sip from her cup, in attempt to calm her nerves, before replying to your plea.
"Sure thing. Now tell me exactly what's the problem you have and I'll do my best to help you, okay? Oh, and I'll also try my best not to have any sudden outbursts anymore."
The woman winked playfully at you as the last sentence left her lips, making you chuckle what eased your nerves at least a little bit.

"So.."
You started nervously glancing to the side, a light blush grazing your cheeks.
"Where do I begin?"

*****

Link laughed heartily at the joke Rusl just had cracked. The three males had a good time and enjoyed their day together, fishing was something that they all loved to do.
Currently Rusl and Link were sitting alone in Rusl's boat which floated on the middle of the small lake, wanting to catch some more fish for dinner, whereas Colin was on shore at the camp. He had had enough of fishing for the day and preferred to play with some birds he was attracting by tossing bread crumbles on the ground.

"So, Link."
Rusl started, giving the young man his best attention.
"Tell me, how's it goin' with yer lady now that ya livin' together, sharin' the same bed?"
By the time the father ended his question, he nudged the blond's side playfully, wiggling suggestively with his eyebrows.

Link, totally unaware of what Rusl was hinting at, smiled happily at the middle-aged man as he answered him.
"Good. Everything's going great. My life couldn't get any better, I'm very happy with (f/n)."

Rusl grinned widely, clapping the young man on the back.
"Thaha, so ya bedded the little lady? That's ma boy!"

"W-what?! N-no, wait! That's not what I mean at all!"
Realising what the man had said, Link tried to clear up the misunderstanding and skidded away from Rusl, wanting to create a little bit of a distance in this, at least for him, awkward situation.

Unfortunately, he totally forgot that they were still on the boat and unwillingly created an imbalance by scooting over to one side of the small skiff what caused the vessel to rock beyond his control.
And within the next moment he already fell into the cold water, causing some aqua to splash about in the process.
Rusl's laughter, that had already been pretty loud, increased just even more as Link surfaced from the water, greasy algas sticking to his face and a little frog, which croaked happily, sitting on the top of the young man's head.

Chuckling to himself, the middle-aged man held his hand out towards Link, offering the blond help to pull him out of the water, who wasn't at all amused by the latest turn of events.

"Hey, lad. Guess we'll have a little chitchat about it, huh?"
With his cheeks burning, Link grabbed Rusl's hand and got again on boat, becoming an unwitting participant in the man's discussion about sex education.