Chapter 22- 'It's a cruel world.'

Start from the beginning

I thank heavens for making me genius enough to wear a sober outfit today. I was wearing a high-waist baby pink floral skirt and a white crop top with full sleeves; accessorized by a mid-length brown belt and a pair of my flat brown boots. Cal had insisted me on leaving my hair open, so they just fell down my shoulders naturally.

I take my sling bag off my shoulder and sit down next to Calum, who doesn't let go off my hand even now.

"So, as you know very well, Calum," the bald-head rude-dude addresses Cal directly while looking in a file through his stupid spectacles, "You have signed an agreement with the management that you wouldn't be displaying any kind of affection in public with any kind of girl/guy until the end of your record deal, which is exactly two years and forty five days, if I'm not wrong."

"Yes, sir," he looks down with an apologetic expression, "I know."

"Then what was that on the airport yesterday?" He asks immediately, placing Cal's file on the table. The bald man's arms fold across his chest and I spot a Rolex on his wrist. He was definitely earning out of stealing these boys' privacy. I hate management so much, oh God.

"I went to receive Evelyn, Mr. Bennett. And I didn't know that it would escalate so quickly. I didn't mean to kiss her in public that way."

The man looks at me and then back at Cal, "You didn't just kiss her, Calum," he leans further on the table, "You mocked your fans. That is what we are worried about. You said things to them which you know very well, that you are not supposed to say. This is very wrong and you might be punished for this."

"I know, sir," Cal doesn't look up, "But I love her. And I couldn't stand anyone saying a word to her."

"Calum," the bald man lets out a sarcastic smirk, "Don't teach me all that shit. I'm sitting here today as your manager because I gave up emotions so many years ago. This business doesn't work with emotions, okay? And love and all this shit are just as harmful as doing drugs," My jaw drops as I try to believe this was the manager talking, "I'd say drugs are better for you than a girl right now."

How dare he?

"Excuse me, sir," I find myself talking in between all of a sudden, "You can't talk to Calum like that."

Cal's grip on my arm tightens beneath the table as he whispers softly, "Don't, Ev."

"Wait, Calum," I tell him and face the man, leaning on the table, "Mr. Bennett, I don't care what you think about me as a person, okay? But you cannot tell Cal what is good for him and what is not. You earn only because of his talent, so stop bossing around him. And drugs? What kind of a manager are you? I'd never want my clients to get indulged in all these things."

"Stay out of it, miss," he turns towards me with a smug expression; trying to convey that he wasn't impressed by my words, "You have no idea how much mess Calum has created because of you."

I could literally slap him, "Oh, please—"

"Stop it both of you;" Calum shouts loudly while turning towards me, "Evelyn, let me handle it. I have made a mistake and I have to rectify it."

"But it's not your fault--?"

"And Mr. Bennett," he turns towards the man, ignoring my say, "What do I have to do to clear up the mess?"

"Now that's what I'm talking about," he laughs at me victoriously and looks at Calum, "I want you to go on twitter and apologize to everyone. Looking at the trends," he switches on his Mac and shows Cal the twitter trends which are mostly #CalumWhatHaveYouDone, #CaelynAreCute, #RudeCalPalRude and stuffs like that, "I want you to make a video maybe, I don't know," He rubs his palms while opening Calum's account, "And that tweet. I want you to dele--"