I swallowed then looked down at my feet. "G-Girlfriend..." I whispered to myself, it was barely audible.

From my lashes, I saw him smile and shook his head as if he was disagreeing to something. "No, sorry. Let me rephrase that," He muttered then I felt his hand on my face, his fingers grazing down to my chin then he gently raised it up to meet his crimson eyes, that were no longer heterochromatic. "You are my girlfriend."

When those words left his mouth, my whole world stopped. The words got stuck on my throat, making it dry. Not only does my throat suddenly felt dry, my lips felt like it was sewn as well for I was unable to utter a single word.

How am I supposed to reply to those statements? I still find it so difficult to believe that a man blessed with sheer perfection managed to fall in love with me.

"Do you still love me?"

And now, I just found myself asking the question I was dying to know since the day I found out what he really was to me. From my observation on myself and background, I was just a dull girl who was an honor student, musician and bookworm. I didn't find myself a tad bit interesting and to think that a guy like him would come to love me was something I couldn't imagine. And 8 long months have passed... his feelings might have changed... but why do I care so much to know?

His lips twitched up into a smile. "Are you underestimating yourself, Yurika?" He asked me as he took a step closer and as reflex action, I backed away but he refused to increase the gap between us and as a result, I hit the counter and he rested his hands on either sides of it, making sure I cannot escape.

I glanced at my sides, getting a bit anxious as to what he was intending to do to me.

Why...

"Let me ask you instead," He countered and I looked at him with an unbelievable expression. "Do you think I still love you?"

I bit my lower lip and looked away, then fiddled on with my fingers. "I... don't know." I admitted and he chuckled.

"I thought so." He smiled like a sly fox then released the suffocating tension and I mentally heaved a sigh of relief.

I arched an eyebrow at him. "Is that one of the things I need to find out by myself?"

He just answered me a wordless smile and instead, changed the subject. "Anyways, what are you cooking?"

I glanced at the chopping board with the knife and onions that was chopped halfway. "Oh, that..." I shifted my gaze back at him and offered him a tight smile. "Tofu soup." I turned around and continued chopping the onions but I could still feel holes on my back. "So, how's the tournament?" I asked him whilst slowly chopping the onions, it was honestly making my eyes well up.

"We lost." Was his only answer but I could feel bitterness at the edge of his voice.

"Oh, really?" I smiled sympathetically albeit my back was facing him. "But I'm sure you guys gave it your all. There is always a next time, don't worry, Akashi-kun."

I heard him mumble something under his breath but I didn't quite catch it. "What did you say?" I asked him as I peered over my shoulder to glance at him.

He shook his head. "Nothing."

I pouted then shifted my attention back at the onions. I never laid my hands on the kitchen so I was really progressing slowly.

"Not to be rude, Akashi-kun, but what really brought you here?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going back to Kyoto this afternoon."