Don't You Dare Leave Me (You Better Come Back To Me)

Summary: Zayn goes away for 8 months, and Liam’s having trouble letting him go. Will he be able to handle all the stress?

-------------------

Liam currently stood on the cement floor, his head and ruffled dark curls nuzzled in Zayn’s neck, while the older boy had his arms wrapped around Liam’s slender body, a nasty shade of green duffle bag next to his feet.

“Don’t go..” Liam whined for the fourth time.

“I have to, babe. It’s only for 8 months.” Zayn chided again, kissing the top of the brunettes head.

“Don’t leave me..” Liam sniffled.

“I’m not.” Zayn rubbed his back lovingly.

The sound of a honk disturbed them, the sound Liam didn’t want to hear, not yet, not ever.

“No!” Liam wailed.

“Shh, shh, love, it’s ok.” Zayn soothed.

“No! No! Don’t leave me!” Liam cried, using both of his hands to clutch onto Zayn’s shirt.

Zayn sighed knowingly, hugging Liam into his chest. It was time, he knew, to say goodbye.

Zayn was going to war, to fight. Something he promised his father he would do it right before he passed away. He had to, even if it meant leaving his love. Though Liam just seemed not to be willing to let go.

“Liam..” Zayn said watching as the other people awaiting said goodbye to their girlfriends, wives, and children before hopping onto the bus with the others.

“No.. Please don’t..” Liam sobbed into his shirt.

“Look at me, babe.” Zayn commanded.

Liam looked up, his face tear stained and more sinking gently down his chubby cheeks.

“I gotta go now. Please stop crying.” Zayn hushed.

“Don’t leave me Zayn.” Liam begged.

“Never. It’s just 8 months.”

“What if in those 8 months something.. Happens! I can’t risk that Zayn! I-I can’t!”

“Li…”

“Promise me Zayn. Promise me you’ll come back. To me. I’ll let you leave, j-just promise me that.” Liam pleaded.

“I-Li.. You know I can’t promise that. I can’t tell the future.”

“This is a bad idea. I know you promised your father an-”

“It was his dying wish Liam. I need to do this. Even if you lose me Li.. I have to. Nothing can stop me. I love you though, I love your forever. I belong to you.”

“And I-I’m yours.” Liam whispered, the tears coming to an end but left his cheeks pink.

“Yes babe, I have to go. Wait here in 8 months, alright? And if I don’t.. Come out, you move on ok?” Liam sobbed on his words, “Liam. Don’t do anything, you just move on. Promise you won’t do anything Liam. Promise me.” Zayn glared down at his boyfriend.

“I’ll promise only if you promise you’ll come back.” Liam challenged.

“Liam,” Zayn sighed before turning to the bus where the bus driver had a weak smile on his face through the open wide door, “I’m sorry. We’ll just be another minute.” He excused.

“Oh no, take your time. I come an hour earlier for everyone to say goodbye. Go on, I can wait.” He smiled.

Zayn nodded a kind smile and turned back to his boyfriend who has seemed to start crying again, “Liam.”