Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to @broadwaygurl88 for making me my Cover and being a fellow Broadway Geek:)

____________________________________________

I sprint on the bus after school while it pours cats and dogs. I take a seat in the first open seat I see and glance out the foggy window, imagining what will happen when I get home. I make up some predictions in my head:

#1: I will go home and there will be an amazing voice mail telling me I am going to play Louisa Von Trapp in The Sound of Music.

Or

#2: I will get home and there will either not be a voice mail or there will be one telling me "Thanks for all of your hard work, but it was for nothing"

"Hey Fal!" I hear as someone takes a seat next to me. It's Kara, my best friend since 2nd Grade. "Are you freaking out yet?" She asks as she squeezes into the small seat.

"Um... Let me think... YES!!!" I yell. "I'm going to have a bf!"

"What's a bf?" Kara replies, noticing my quote from the movie White Chicks.

"A bitch fit!" We laugh together, remembering our favorite sleepover movie.

"I can't believe it! You could be playing a main character in a touring show! That is so brill..." Kara squeals, popping a piece of gum in her mouth. The bus begins to move and I hold my breath as we near my house.

“Ah! You have to call me when you find out!” Kara says, chewing her bubble gum loudly.

“I will, I promise!” I yell as I sprint off my bus. I look at my gray, three story house and think, I won’t be staying here if I get in! I’ll be touring around the country doing what I love to do. I run up the long driveway and into the small building I call home.

“I’m home!” I scream, dropping my backpack in the middle of the hallway. I expect my little brother, David, to run down the stairs and tell me a new science experiment he learned about in the 6th grade, but he doesn’t. I run down to my basement and try again.

“I’m here!” I shout. I then expect my seventeen year old Brother, Noah, to sneer some rude remark, but that also doesn’t happen. I decide to check one more place. I quickly run up the stairs and sprint into the Laundry room.

“Luna!” I shout, expecting to see my cute Yorkie wagging her tail at me. I walk inside and see that her crate is empty. “Huh, that’s weird...” I say, walking to the kitchen. Oh well, they all don’t need to be here to hear the news, I tell myself. I slowly pace over to the phone and see that there are four new messages on it. I press the play button and begin to fix myself my favorite snack, a Strawberry Jelly sandwich. I don't why, but I've always only preferred Strawberry Jelly on my sandwich's. They're my addition. I eat them every day. I listen as the robot on the voice mail goes "You have 4 new messages. Message 1..."

“Hello Ms. Reid, this is Rachel calling from State Farm...” The first message says. I press the skip button, licking my fingers of jelly.

“Hey Monica! It’s Becky...” Oh, it must be for my mother.

“Skip!” I yell and press the button once more.

“Would you like an amazing Cruise Package? Well then, call...” I’m starting to get worried. What if there is no phone call? That means I must of not gotten in. I carefully press the skip button one more time.

“Hello Ms. Fallon, I would like to inform you of some happy news.” The Voice mail almost sings.

“YES- I GOT-” I’m suddenly interrupted.

“We have received the library book you requested a few days ago. Please come pick it up when you have time.” The voice disappears and I am left with tears in my eyes. "End of Messages"  the lady blurts and then it's over. Just like that. I guess everything I worked for for the past four months is ruined.

I grab my remaining sandwich and make the dreadful walk to my bedroom on the 2nd level. How could this be? I did everything I could of done to get that part, so then why am I not Louisa? The director must have not liked me. I twist the small doorknob to enter my room and...

"SURPRISE!!!" My mom, Noah, and David shout. I am overcome by the banner that reads "Congratulations".

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Hi Lousia!" David shouts before giving me a hug. I scream in disbelif and turn to my mom.

"Is it true?" I question, on the verge of crying. She nods and I wrap myself in her hug.

"The stage manager called while you were at school. I wanted to make it a big surprise." She announces with a big grin

I. CAN'T. BELIEVE. THIS! You know what this means, right? I'm going to be playing Lousia in the touring company of The Sound of Music!