Funeral

Liam's P.O.V

I woke up with a migraine again. And feeling as tired as ever. Niall had been calling to vent. Of course I didn't mind but I really do need my sleep. He's also not the only one who misses Josh.

When we got the call Zayn and him were at my place spending the night. Louis and Harry were together watching a film.

No one expected his death.

Let alone his murder.

And so much worse, his brother was accused of committing the deed.

To top it all off Thayer didn't even do it. Someone basically framed him. Now we were supposed to find out who it was.

I wonder if Louis and Harry can keep Niall at their place.

I really need to get a start on who really killed Josh.

As if reading my mind I got a text from Louis.

From: Louis 

To: Liam

Hey mate I know you need sleep so Harry and I are letting Nialler stay with us.

I responded with a quick thank you.

"Time to get ready", I told myself dreading every word.

Today was the funeral. It was going to be a really hard day. Having to say good-bye to our best friend who didn't deserve this. He still had plenty to live for.

My alarm went off. I guess I woke up a bit earlier. I went to get my suit out but stopped when I heard which song played. I always left Wide Awake just because I felt the need. But right now Forever Young played.

Let us die young or let us live forever.

Josh died young. He always said he wanted to live forever if it were possible. 

My mind isn't making today any easier. I'll just finish getting ready.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs. My mum left with my sisters earlier and I was going to get Zayn and Niall. Louis and Harry were going together.

Niall was a mess so of course Zayn and I would keep him company. Harry and Louis were both, um... Like me sort of. Empty. Missing something.

Lost even.

At least those two had each other. No they're not gay. I think. It is very hard to tell. Especially because it's them. They were always together and acted like more than friends. But that's because they were like brothers. I think.

I have awful gaydar.

I walked towards my car and saw something was weird. I brushed it off. Though when I noticed what was off I thought nothing of it. My car doors were all unlocked. I checked if anything was gone but it all seemed fine.

Guess I'm just paranoid.

I arrived in front of Zayn's house and honked my horn.

Zayn walked out a second later with his arm around Niall.

Niall wore black slacks, button down and tie while Zayn wore something identical except he was wearing a black t-shirt and blazer instead of a tie and button down. I was surprised that Niall was all cleaned up. I seriously thought he wouldn't be okay enough to come to the funeral let alone dress up for it.

Once they got into the car, Niall in the passenger and Zayn in the backseat, I turned the radio on. 

I kept on driving but almost broke the brakes when I realized which song was playing.

Forever Young, just like this morning.

Today was starting of really weirdly.

Louis'  P.O.V 

"Harry, come on we're going to be late", I said while knocking on his bathroom door.

He walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped dangerously low on his hips and another in his hand trying to dry his hair.

"Where's my suit", he asked in his deep accented voice.

"Hanging on the back of your door", I informed him and he simply nodded, walking into his room and shutting the door behind him.

I walked into the living room and stood in front of the mirror, making sure I looked okay. My hair was gelled back nicely and there wasn't a single crease in my own suit. I sighed, thinking of all the fun times I had with Josh. Pranking Liam constantly and just pranking anyone all the time. I sighed again thinking of all the fun times we could have had.

When my thoughts became a bit much, trying to put me in a bad state, Harry walked out. His suit clung to his body in all the right places and looked really good on him. My phone buzzed and I looked at it to see I had a text from Liam.

"We should get going now", I said in a gloomy voice.

"Just try not to crash our car", Harry said a hint of a smile on his lips, trying to lighten up the mood.

Liam's P.O.V

My leg shook rapidly as I glanced around and there was still no sign of Louis and Harry. Where were those two and what was taking them so long? Just then my phone buzzed with a reply from Louis saying that Harry and him were on their way. I looked around once again and watched as Josh's parents walked down the aisle and went to look at their dead sons body.

How could they think Thayer was the one who killed Josh? They were brothers. Thayer was torn up to pieces the last time I saw him. I tired not to feel disgusted with how she had treated her son but I couldn't help it. Thayer wasn't the best brother or person at times but he loved Josh as much as any of us did.

When I looked over at the aisle again Louis and Harry were making their way towards Zayn, Niall and I. We all gathered in a circle together and talked in whispers.

"How the hell are we supposed to know who did it", Louis asked, referring to who might have killed our friend.

"I don't know, maybe we'll find clues or something", Zayn said.

"Maybe I can sneak into me step-dad's office and find all of Josh's files", Harry volunteered .

"Could you go after the funeral", I asked with hope tinging my voice.

"I'll go with him", Louis stated and Harry nodded in agreement.

"I'll try to find the autopsies when my mom goes back to work the night shift later", I suggested, not so sure I could pull it off.

"Niall and I will check out the scene to see if we can find anything there", Zayn said.

I was kind of doubt full at first but when I looked at Niall he looked so sure of himself and determined that I couldn't say no.

"Everybody, if you could take your seats, the ceremony will now begin", the priest said and everyone took their seats.