Chapter 8: The Uninvited Guest

Start from the beginning

Well I've always said. It takes skill to trip over a flat surface. Not everyone can do it you know.

With my eyes wide I looked up to find Anthony standing in the door way, the spare key hanging from his finger as his eyes darted around the room, slowly taking in the small, messy apartment before landing on me – still on the floor.

I told you he'd find it.

Not now.

"You know," he started, his tone lower, more seductive as he leaned down and crouched in front of me. "I think I can get used to this position. You on knees and everything." He chuckled.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I quickly swiped my right leg across the floor taking his legs out from under him making him fall to the floor – his head hitting the floor boards a little too harshly to be classed as gently. Standing up on my feet I stood over him and smirked down at Anthony. "You're right. It is a nice sight, you on your knees and everything."

"Ha Ha," he mocked me as he lifted himself up to his knees. "Very funny."

I thought it was!

I smiled at my inner self who seemed to have team up with my inner pride – I haven't seen her in years, she must have on a retreat somewhere, probably getting a deep tissue massage...

"Sky?"

"Huh?" I blinked rapidly as I shook my head slightly.

"Do you do that often?" Anthony asked me as he got to his feet and dusted himself off. Why, I had no idea, I vacuumed last week. Or was it the week before?

"Do what?" I played dumb. I knew exactly what he was referring too.

"Faze out like that?" He frowned. "Seriously do you have issues or something?"

"We all have our 'issues', that's what makes us unique." I tried to shift the topic.

"Oh no, I'm pretty sure your issues are one of kind." He shook his head and rolled his eyes at me. "Nice place."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He was being sarcastic, that I knew, but he didn't have to spit the words out with such distaste at the place. I rather liked the apartment.

"Thanks." I smiled. "It's vintage."

"Oh sweetheart, not even vintage would touch a place like this." He gestured around the room. "This is a termite mound."

"Get out and give me my damn key!" I pounced. Jumping a little since even in my heels I was still not tall enough to reach Anthony's height I tried to reach my spare key as he lifted his hand above his head and smirked down at me.

"No, thanks, I think I'll keep the key."

"You can't do that."

"I am your fiancé." He mocked a hurt expression. "It is only fitting I have a key to your apartment, Pumpkin."

Pumpkin?

"Pumpkin? Do I look short, fat and orange to you?!"

He smirked.

"Don't answer that." I held up my hand in hopes of silencing him.

"Aw, don't feel self-conscious babe, you're a very hot looking pumpkin." He said as his eyes wondered over my body for a moment. There was nothing 'hot' about my body, only average. Wide hips, my stomach jiggled a little as my waist line wasn't as small as most desired, my butt was massive and my breasts were once again, average size. "Well, as hot as you can be in clothes like that." He recoiled in disgust. "Seriously what are you wearing?"