From Where To Start ?

Having understood the profundity of word "acting", we shall now proceed to our next point of discussion. When we hear of word acting or film industry, what first flashes before our eyes is the glamour,status,affluence of actors/actresses. However, whenever your mind paints this picture, immediately pull yourself into the reality. The way to become what you dream of is very long and full of seemingly intractable problems. What you see great and glamorous of actors/actresses is the peak of pyramid. Do not compare with those who are at the pinnacles of their glory in this field of acting. However, this never in any way implies that you must stop admiring of such dreams. Dreaming from heart at least is the first step in the direction of the fulfillment of your dreams, but always remember that its only the first step.

Let us begin with basic skill sets which are vital for at least being eligible to be a professional actor/actress :

1) Appearance: This is the most basic and essential requirement not only for actors/actress, but for everyone irrespective of his/her profession. When any one sees you, he/she will first judge you from your appearance. Appearance mainly includes your dressing. You should always dress neatly and properly. For example - using clean,ironed clothes. What you dress is not of much significance, but how you dress matters the most. Avoid wearing loose fashionable dresses which need constant adjustments to be done by you while walking or sitting. It can some time create a feeling of shabbiness.

2) Body Language: Next comes the significance of our body language. Body language reflects the way of thinking or the nature of a person as a human being. Always be cautious of what your body language conveys to people, because before you talk or interact it is the body language which makes people know about your personality at the first level.

Some tips regarding body language -

(a) Sit and walk straight.

(b) Stylish walking is not required, but graceful walking is required.

(c) While in public, never ever do things or actions like yawning,scratching your hand/nose/any other body parts, shaping your hair with hands. If suppose for instance, you sneeze while being in a group of people or even with a single person, never forget to say 'Excuse me'.

(d) While sitting somewhere, sit properly and comfortably. Do not sit with being awkward. 

(e) Avoid over-expressing on events. This has impact on your body language and it seems over reacting. Body language should always appear natural. Do not attempt to act an ideal good body language.

3) Interaction: Body language is a form of interaction, the only thing is its a silent interaction. Talking with some one or chatting can be said as real and actual interaction. Important things which need to be looked after while interacting are -

(a) Clarity of speech is of utmost importance. Your interaction will be futile if the other person is unable to hear you clearly and properly. Each and every word which you say must be clearly audible to the other person. Do not let your speech seem like murmuring.

(b) How you speak is the manifestation of your confidence. If you speak/talk as if you are not sure whether you are saying right or wrong, then it indicates your low confidence level in general as a human being. Never let this happen. Do not think whether you are saying right or wrong, just speak or talk as if you are certainly sure that you are saying nothing wrong.

(c) Always talk to anyone as if you are talking with the President of your country. It means your speech must be polite. Do not let your speech/talking seem aggressive. This really matters in industry.