Part 2- What's Up?

Lizzie's P.O.V.

I knew something was up with Joel in spite of what he says. I wonder if it's something about me. Maybe we just need some time alone. I don't even know. I decided to call Yammy and ask for her opinion.

"Hey-yo Lizzie! What's up?" It was nice to hear the familiar tone of her voice.

"Well, I'm just confused. Joel Is acting a bit weird and I don't know what to do." Before I could say more Yammy cut me off.

"Come over tomorrow and tell Joel we're filming a collab, we'll talk then."

"Okay, thanks Yams, it means a lot. Bye, see you tomorrow."

"Bye, and come around 3:00 pm"

As soon as me and Yammy hung up on the phone I went to go tell Joel that I was hanging with Yammy. As much as I hated lying to Joel, I knew it was for the best.

"Joel, tomorrow I'm spending the night at Yammy's, we are gonna collab a bit and have some girl time, I hope that's okay." After I told Joel I couldn't tell whether he was upset or relieved.

"Ooo-kay, I hope you have a good time." He smiled at me and leaned forward to kiss me lightly beside my mouth. I smiled back at him, then we decided to watch Modern Family re-runs.

We sat on the couch and Joel was snuggled under a blanket, I asked if I could join in on his comfy party, and his response was him lifting up the blanket enough for me to scoot closer underneath. I did so and I layed my head on his chest while he started playing with my hair. It was so nice but Joel didn't laugh at the cheesy jokes as usual.

How can someone be filled with so much love but still feel so empty?