The rest of my classes up until lunch are boring, full of limited work and piercing silence. When the bell does ring singling the hour I've been waiting for, my stomach twists with nerves. I put my books in my locker and head to our usual lunch table. I won't eat today, I decide. Too many nerves, I probably won't be able to keep it down. I find Phil, Zalfie, Caspar and Marcus and sit down. Zalfie is in front of me, Phil on their left. Then I have Caspar on the end and Marcus on my right. I place my bag to my left, saving the seat for Troye. When he doesn't show for a good five minutes I text him.

C- you still sitting with me today?

I get a reply almost instantly.

T- um are you sure? Your friends won't like, tell me to leave? Am I intruding?

I giggle at his nervousness, relieved that I'm not the only one about to explode.

C- just get over here :)

He's standing by the doors when I look up from my screen. I smile at him and he returns it, making his way to me. Once he reaches the table I move my bag, patting the seat next to me. He doesn't take his eyes off of me, even as he's sitting. He then looks away with an expression like a deer caught in headlights. Caspar's talking to him. I read his lips easily.

"Hello. What's your name?" I feel Troye shift next to me and I direct my attention back to him. He's definitely nervous. I discreetly place a hand on his thigh, watching as he instantly relaxes under my touch, leaning into it almost. He says something along the lines of him being new, so I figure they're getting the introductions out of the way. Zoe catches my eye.

'Who's this?' She signs, even though she's probably already heard his name and why he's here.

'A friend.' I sign back, trying my best to ignore her smirk. Pulling out my phone,
I try my best for a distraction, not moving the hand that's touching Troye. Let's be honest here, it's more for my benefit anyway. I get a message.

Zoe- I see u

C- what do you mean?

Zoe- ur hand

My hand tightens on instinct and I look up to watch Troyes reaction. He has is hand out pointing at no one in particular, in mid sentence, when he suddenly stops. His mouth hangs open ajar and his eyes roll back. I slowly let go of his leg, realizing how close I am to certain places. He then clenches his jaw shut and blows out his nose heavily. I look at the rest of the table to find them exchanging confused glances. Except Zoe, who's smirking like a mad man. I pick my phone back up.

C- I hate you

She just sticks her tongue out before directing her attention to Alfie. Everyone talks for a little while longer before Troye looks back at me.

'Hey.' He mouths, a gentle smile playing at his lips.

'Hey.' I mouth back, enjoying the way his eyes follow my lips, even if it is just to catch what I'm saying.

'Aren't you going to eat?' He questions. I shake my head. 'Why?'

'Not hungry.'

We must look really weird from the outside. We're sitting closer than needed, Troye leaning on his hand with his face towards mine. My hands rest in my lap and I try to calm my heart as he smiles at something someone else says. He truly is breathtaking. Soon he's completely engrossed in a conversation with Alfie, who's across the table from him. He's speaking so fast, I can't catch a thing he's saying and it has the whole table laughing. I pout and tap his shoulder, hoping to get his attention back on me. After a few failed attempts I cross my arms over my chest and glare at Zoe, the only one who's actually paying me any attention. She shrugs, before signing to me.

'Must have something more important to address." She says, her seemingly innocent demeanor as fake as her nails. This does not sit well with me. I tap him again, more urgent and rough. Nothing. I sigh heavily, still getting nothing out of him. What's his problem? Why's he ignoring me? I go over everything I have said or done since he's sat down, nothing in particular standing out. My eyes meet Zoe's again and she raises one perfect eyebrow at me. I take that as a challenge.

Slowly, I lean over and place my right hand on his thigh, way to close to certain parts. His posture stiffens. I then bring my left hand around his waist and bring myself against him, bringing my lips to his ear.

"Troye, I've been trying to get your attention for ten minutes now. You forget that I'm deaf and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about." He shivers under my as my breath hits his ear, turning in his seat completely once I'm done speaking. He even backs up a decent amount, which wasn't my intention. But it caught his attention and that's all that matters.

For the rest of lunch at least one person has their eyes on me and Troye. Troye's hand finds my leg right before the bell rings, probably in attempt to get me back. But when the bell rings and everyone gets up, I still hadn't acknowledged it. Right as I'm about to stand, I feel him tighten his grip before dragging his hand upwards. I grip the side of the table, squeezing my eyes shut.

What is this boy doing to me?
-----
A/N
Troye and Connor and their stupid surprises are killing me.