She Told Me I Was A Mistake

I just had dinner and I couldn't be bothered to wash to dishes so I left them. Third time this week. She might get angry. She might smack me. But I was too tired. On top of that, I felt sick and woozy. So I left them there despite the mini debate in my mind.

BIG mistake.

"JOANNE GET DOWN HERE!!!" she screams.

Now I know I'm in trouble. I knew I should've washed them but I didn't. So I run downstairs as fast as I can. Well, as fast as you can with tummy cramps and a dead body plus a throbbing headache. I arrive in the kitchen where my mum is washing the plates. She begins to speak and I fail to meet her eyes.

"Third time this week, Joanne. Why are you such a lazy and ratchet girl? You can't wash plates or cook. Simple "please" and "thank you" doesn't emerge from your mouth," she begins.

"I'm sorry mummy. I feel sick and just want to go to sleep," I mumble. I spoke the truth. I felt like complete and utter crap.

"Sorry doesn't cut it today! I'm sick and tired of your constant laziness because it's really getting to the point where I wish that I didn't have you as my child," she starts to say.

I knew she was annoyed but did she need to go so far? But this wasn't even the pinnacle of the entire situation.

"YOU WERE REALLY A MISTAKE CHILD. YOUR FATHER DIDN'T WANT YOU. THAT'S WHY HE DUMPED YOU ON ME. THAT IS WHY HE DUMPED YOUR LAZY, UGLY AND MISTAKE LIKE SELF ON ME. I WANTED A BOY NOT A GIRL. I NEVER WANTED YOU!" She screams.

Unshed tears start to sting my eyes until they escape anyway. Of all things sh could say. I run ( more like hobble) upstairs to my room and start to cry. Cry out the hurt of such spiteful words uttered with such hate. She told me she loved me a week ago. But ,apparently, minds can change hella quickly. Because she just changed her mind. Because she just told me her try feelings.

She told me I was a mistake.