Chapter 4 - Bad Morning

All rights to Stephanie Meyer!

-

*Macy's POV*

I was stranded in the in the dark forests, nothing but trees and moss surrounding me. I was alone, that I was absolutely positive about. The whispering breeze and the chirp of the wild birds told me that.

I hated being alone. I felt unwanted, unloved, like nobody cared about me. But all of a sudden I felt someone's presence. I smiled, relieved that I wasn't alone, until the person spoke.

"Watch your back, Macy, I'm coming for you."

-

I woke up in a flash, breathing heavily. Sweat droplets began to form on my head, I was absolutely terrified. I looked around my room to see that it was morning, calming down a little as I realised that I wouldn't need to go back to sleep and face the dreadful nightmare. I sighed and lifted myself off of my bed, walking over to the curtains and yanking them open. The light blinded me for second, and when I got used to it I saw it was a simple, boring, and cloudy morning.

"Morning world it's a brand new day," I laughed, trying my best to forget about the dream and to set my thoughts on the day ahead.

I walked over to my mirror and examined myself. My hair was a mess, sticking out in all possible directions. I had shadows under my eyes due to my lack of sleep. I smiled a little. This year was going to be different, I could feel it. I wouldn't mourn, I wouldn't be the girl who was lonely and depressed, the girl who didn't get the chance to meet her parents. I would be happy, that was one thing I was sure of.

I skipped over to my closet, in a much better mood than I was when I woke up. I scanned through each piece of clothing until I found what I was looking for. The good thing about being a Sixth Former, is that you don't have to wear uniform. Well, in my school you don't. I picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a lace shirt, grabbing some pants and socks.

I quickly got changed before going back over to my mirror, picking up a brush and yanking it through my hair, smoothing out the knots. I applied light make-up to my eyes, trying to diguise the dark circles underneath them. Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my favourite pair of white converse and a cardigan, before making my way downstairs.

My Aunt Louise was in the kitchen, making what looked like pancakes.

"Hey, Aunt Louise," I greeted, she turned around and smiled at me.

"I thought I told you to call me Louise? Calling me your Aunt makes me feel old," she laughed, I shook my head and laughed with her.

"You're not old," I told her.

"Meh, whatever you say. Where's your brother?" she asked, I pointed upstairs.

"Probably still asleep, knowing him," I said. "Want me wake him up?"

"Please," she sighed, popping the kettle on. "While you're waking him up, I'll make us some tea."

"Can you make me a coffee, please? I'm feeling a bit worn out," I asked, she nodded. And with that I was up the stairs to wake up my twin brother, Hayden.

He was snoring loudly when I got up the stairs, I scoffed before jumping on him.

"Wake up lazy bones!" I shouted down his hear as he grunted.

"What the hell, Mace?!" he demanded, I laughed at his expression.

"Sorry! Louise wanted me to wake you up, so that's what I did," I snickered, he pushed me off the bed, making me collide with the floor. "Hey!"