Chapter Thirteen- Andrew

Start from the beginning

Lately I have been a mess. I'm angry, I'm confused, and I am a bit of a maniac. Nothing in my life is making sense anymore, and I know why. The one thing I know for sure is this, my life lost meaning when I lost Charlotte.

All this week we haven't spoken. She never even spared me a glance. She still went through with the shopping spree though, and even was kind to Kathleen, but I still saw the pain deep in her eyes. I was hurting her for no good reason, and it was all James' fault! He never even fully explained the plan to me, just that I had to date his cousin in law Kathleen and go through with the date.

My first thought was that he wanted me to make Charlotte jealous, so I rejected his offer. He told be that jealousy wasn't it though and that I just needed to trust him. Regardless of how evil he was, I trusted the man. He knew about love, he swept Carly off her feet afterall, though she never admits it.

So now it's after noon. Friday. The girls started shopping two hours ago being that today was a holiday, so no school. Charlotte stopped by earlier to borrow the money I begged to her to take, and she dropped off my sneakers I had left at her house. I threw out the sneakers, and now I am about to lose my mind again. This lifestyle can not be healthy. Far too stressful.

They were due back any minute, and I was not ready to face them both in the same room. Maybe Carly would help me. James never gave me any instructions other than that I had to go on the date tomorrow no matter what. I agreed blindly, trusting was not always easy for me.

I fall back on the sofa, hoping it will just eat me alive and end my miserable life I have created for myself. I was ready to fight for her! I was ready to do anything that was necessary! Now my opponent had the upper hand though, and I was losing. I wasn't entirely sure who the opponent was though. Drew, or myself. I was my own worst enemy right now.

I groan out loud, relieving some of the pent up aggresion. I groan again, louder. It feels relieving in a way. I decide to stop though, groaning didn't help. I needed to make my own plan.

I need to fight.

Charlotte was worth all the pain, all the heartache. She was worth it all. We weren't really best friends in her eyes anymore, but we would always be best friends to me. Maybe that could help me though. To her, we weren't best friends anymore. She was never outright hostile to me, no never, but we just were not the same. She didn't come over. She didn't chat with me.

She didn't hold my hand.

I needed her back now. I could not go one much longer with out her. It's time to be the man she deserves. He hero. Her knight in shining armor. I need to be the one to save her from the darkness and fill her life with light. No more being a coward. I have nothing left to lose, and she has nothing left to fear. I can not allow this to go on any longer. I sat upright and made my resolve. My final resolve.

Suddenly the front door was burst open, and my girlfriend waltzed in. She was pretty granted, but not Charlotte. No one even compared. That only strengthened my resolve. I stood and greeted her. She smiled at me and then Carly followed her in. Then Karen. Then Charlotte.

My heart stopped when I saw her. She was worth fighting for.

I smiled politely at all the girls, and James came in after, holding bags as well. I gave him a puzzled look and he replied with an impish smile. Carly answered for him the unasked question,

"He was just helping us bring in the bags. There are more in the trunk. Come on girls." She snapped and they all moved to go out. Kathleen stayed behind though. No one seemed to notice, except for Charlotte. I saw her glance at the two of us. When she noticed me watch her, she shot me a breathtaking smile. Then she followed the rest of them out.