Thirty-Six: Sirius

SIRIUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are never staying that far away from me again," Calysta entered her bedroom in a blur. Sirius napped in his dog form to simplify his thoughts and stayed that way when she approached. He lifted his head and licked the side of Calysta's face as she hugged him around the neck. He shifted into his true self as she still held him, breathing in her perfume deeply. He moved into a seated position at the edge of the bed. Calysta moved to stand between his knees.

"It was hard, I know it was. We finally unite after twelve years, and there I go: asking to leave you again so I can get closer to finding Peter at Hogwarts," Sirius grabbed both of Calysta's hands and held her knuckles to his lips, "Then wanting you to risk yourself for me so I can enter the castle unseen... Risking your relationship with Remus so you--or he-- will not be a suspect in my escape... And now keeping a Hippogriff in your basement," He began to laugh at the end. Calysta joined him and leaned her forehead on his shoulder.

"I don't think I could handle knowing what Remus really thought of me when he found out it was I who aided your escape. He didn't speak to me for days. All that matters now is that he is relieved you are out, and safe with me." She hummed, pecking his jaw. Sirius smiled and took another deep breath.

"I can't imagine he was too pleased," Sirius sighed. Calysta squeezed his hands and pulled away from him enough to look in his eyes.

"I only worry that--"

"I know, Cal. There is a possibility that I will be found again." Sirius said in a raspy tone. Calysta shuddered and shook her head.

"I won't let that happen," She said firmly. Sirius sighed and rested his hands on the woman's hips. She laughed and brushed her lips on his as light as a feather. "Now that we've got free time, we can catch up. On everything."

"How 'bout a walk then? I don't have to stay in your room anymore, do I?" He joked. Calysta smirked.

"I may make you." She mumbled. This made them break into laughter. Calysta walked backwards towards the hall and dragged Sirius with her. "Come on, then. We'll get some coffee downstairs." Sirius licked his lips absently and widened his arms to encourage her to lead on.

"Where's Moony this evening?" Sirius asked. Calysta huffed a laugh.

"Drinking, I think. At the pub. He does that often these past few years," Sirius chuckled and threw an arm around Calysta's shoulders. She turned her head to look at him, eyebrow raised.

"Look at you!" She said, smiling slyly. Sirius raised his eyebrow back at her.

"What about me?"

"Being all flirty. Making a move on me, Black?" Calysta teased him. Sirius blushed lightly.

"Seems I've got to brush up on those moves. The years alone have made me rusty," He nuzzled his nose into her neck, causing a childish laugh to leave Calysta's lips. Sirius missed her smiles. She shoved him away playfully and grabbed his hand. A comfortable silence fell over them until they arrived at the sitting room next to the kitchen.

"Have a seat, I'll go set the kettle on the stove. Take my wand a sec to light a fire." Calysta placed her wand in Sirius' hand and began to make her way to the kitchen, turning on the gas lamps with a simple non-verbal spell as she went. Sirius watched her go for a few seconds before turning to the fireplace and mumbling a spell and pointing the tip of Calysta's wand at the fireplace. A spark became a burning light. Sirius turned it purple just for kicks (and, of course, it was his love's favorite color).

Sirius examined the mantle piece that was now filled with items; quite the opposite than the last time he had been there. He picked up a dented Remembrall that did not react to his touch. Leather-bound journals lined the marble mantle along with hard cover Muggle titles. His lips twitched upwards as he beheld photos of Calysta and Remus in front of their store, and on Christmas. Older photos of family joined them, including ones of the Marauders. Sirius' eyes watered as he studied them. Much was different back then.