Chapter 4 - Beware of your choices

Start from the beginning

I liked Kai...after getting to know a little about his personality I mean. He was different; funny, sensitive, yet mysterious at the same time. I felt like I needed his friendship now, for the sake of my sanity. That was why I asked him to stay with me until his friend returned. There was more than enough room. Of course he refused, and of course I was persistent.

Chad's POV

"You son of a bitch!"

I stormed into his office with Alexis hot on my heels.

"You let that bitch out."

I had him pinned against the wall so fast he didn't see it coming.

"Chad..." Alexis whispered. "Be careful, he is your brother, stupid as he might be."

"I don't care. I'm going to snap his pretty little neck. How stupid can you be Blake? You gave her a room. You basically told her she had free reign of this castle."

"What the hell is going on here?" Aria made her way into the office. "Put him down Chad."

"Only because I want him to tell you what he's done so you can kill him yourself."

I released him and stepped away. A scowl appeared on his face.

"I really don't see what I've done that's so awful. I let Keira out of the dungeon and gave her a room. I am the King now so I can do whatever the fuck I want. You passed up the position remember?"

I lunged at him but Aria stopped me.

"You did what?" Nate had appeared without any of us seeing him.

Blake couldn't seem to look at Nate. He almost seemed scared. The source of the problem walked in just then.

"I see," Nate said. "Blake Cameron Ryonan...I release you." Blake's head shot up and his mouth fell open but Nate continued. "I am no longer your master and you no longer belong to me or serve me."

"What?!!"

"I told you to make a choice and it looks like you did. You are now free."

Nate strode from the room leaving a confused looking Blake and a smirking Keira behind.

"You know Blake, you have done some pretty stupid things since I've been here and I have always managed to forgive you or look past them because you were my mate and I loved you. But Nate is also my mate and I love him too. I told you I would side with him if things came down to this. I no longer consider you my mate."

Aria gave him one last disappointed look and left.

"I hate to say I told you so Chad, but I did tell you." She gave me her trademark smirk and I gave her one of my own.

"Guards!"

Six of the Guardians barged in just then.

"You seem to forget that Blake was never really King. I loaned him the position and now I'm taking it back. I Chadmar Luke Ryonan officially accept my right and responsibility as King. Take them and lock them up until given further instructions. You can lock my brother in his room but take that one to the dungeon."

Aria's POV

Blake really fucked up. He had two mates who would do anything for him, but yet he still managed to make the wrong decision. I could have gotten angry and killed the bitch but that wouldn't have solved anything. Blake needed to learn his lesson the hard way.

I caught up to Nate before he finished packing his bag.

"Nate..." I approached him with caution.