t w e n t y

I walked down the familiar hallway, and turned the corner, making eye contact with an old familiar face. She was smiling, and talking amongst the group she was in. She turned and saw me, walking away from the group.
"Ari!" She screamed.

"Anna!" I yelled back, embracing my best friend in a hug. After we let each other go, we began to have a friendly conversation. I told her about Jack and Kaden, and she told me that she met a guy. We caught up with Jack, and all of us sat in a group with some other high school friends we had.
"So, when are you and Jack going to tie the knot?" Anna whispered, making me blush.
"I don't know," I said. "But I don't mind. I love jack and I know he loves me too."
---
We left fairly early, because Jack couldn't help himself so we went home early. ;)
It was 8 pm, and Kaden was fast asleep in his room. Jack was watching a basketball game on TV, and I was on the phone with Mia.
"How's your honeymoon?" I said, Jack winking at me.
"Great! We've got snorkeling and site seeing.." She went on, and I was beginning to listen to her, when Jack started to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes, as Jack found my sweet spot.
"Mia, I'm going to have to call you back." I said, hanging up before she could respond. I flew my phone over onto the nightstand, and flipped us over to where I was straddling him. I leaned in and kissed him, before Kaden's cries echoed though the house.
"I don't think Kaden wants me to get some tonight." Jack said, and I playfully smacked his chest before climbing off and walking to Kaden's room. After I changed his diaper, and rocked him back to sleep, I found Jack standing by the nightstand, with his back towards me.

I walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his torso. He turned around, holding a small red velvet box in his hand.
"C'mere babe." He said, taking me to the foot of the bed. I sat down on the edge and he kneeled down in front of me.
"Jack.." I said in shock. He smiled, opening the box, and taking my hand.

"Arianna Saver, the day I met you was one of the best days of my life. It was one of those days that I'll never forget. When Kaden was born, was another unforgettable moment. I want this one to be the one I won't ever forget. Ari, will you marry me?"

My heart was beating so fast, it could burst out of my chest. I was shaking all over, and I felt a tear brim my eyes.
"Yes!"

I yelled, before jumping into my now fiancés arms.