New Target

Harsh rain slapped against the window as lightning flashed, followed by the roaring of thunder.

The perfect opportunity for murder.

"No...wait-please! I beg you!" A kneeling man begged as a lean figure clad in black slowly approach him.

Like a predator stalking a prey.

A sword being unsheathed sounded loudly despite the weather, making the kneeling man quake.

"NO, PLEASE! I'll,I'll give you everything everything you want!! Money? I have lots of them!! How 'bout a trade?? I give you money, you let me go?? PLEASE!! I'll do anything!!" The man begged but that only angered the figure further.

'My name is Bethany Lloyd.'

Before the man can even scream, the figure was already in front of him, sword slashed in a downward arc.

'And I'm an assassin.'

Bethany sighed through her nose. She flicked her blonde hair out of her face while glaring at the now dead greedy man whose mouth was open with a silent scream. She rolled her eyes while thinking, 'When will they realize that begging never helps? You'll always reap what you sow.'

She walked towards the window, avoiding the dead bodies crowding around the window. She jumped out of the window and disappear through the heavy rain. Even if a horrified scream rang through the night, she never once give a glance.

  ~  

Bethany pushed open the main door of her house and saw a man sitting on the couch, looking through some paper.

"Evening Harry." She said to the man.

"A successful mission I presume." The man, Harry, said while reading the papers.

"Come on, give me some credit! Since when did I ever failed you dear uncle?" She asked with a cheeky grin.

Harry snorted. "Rome."

Bethany huffed, "One time! And you never stop reminding me of it. I was 13!"

Harry chuckled as he put away the papers. "Someone has to remind you of it. I'm your uncle, it's my duty to embarrass you. There's pizza on the counter by the way."

"PIZZA!!!" She cheered and jogged to the counter.

"Leave some for your brother." He yelled after her.

"No Promises ." Bethany said, mouth full of pizza.

Harry gave her a look.

"What? You know he can just run to the nearest pizza store and buy another one." She said and reached for her second slice.

Harry just sighed and walked away so it's just Bethany herself and pizza.

By the time her brother came back, quarter of the pizza's already gone.

"I'm home!" He yelled.

"We know Sebastian! You're loud without doing anything." She yelled back .

He snorted and jumped over the couch, towards the counter.

"Hey sis, didn't know you-is that pizza?" He asked as he saw Bethany stuffing her face with pizza.

"Erm....No?" She said with an innocent look.

"Well , don't you want to share it?" He asked and she shook her head as she grabbed another slice.

"Hey! Leave some for me." He said and try to snatch the pizza box from her.