Saving Caroline

Chapter 1

I hope you like this story!

Please vote, comment, and fan.  Thanks :)

Caroline falls back on her bed, kicking her pink and silver Nike running shoes into the corner by her hamper, which is full of clothes since she hasn't had time to do laundry lately.

She runs her hand over her forehead, which is sticky with cool sweat. She takes her ponytail out, letting her long blonde locks cascade down to the small of her back.

Caroline has hair that any girl would kill for. It’s shiny, like what you see in the shampoo commercials, and the color is a soft natural honey blonde. She turns on the shower, making sure that it isn’t to hot, since she just came back from a run.

While she waits for the water to heat up, she goes back into her room, which is connected to her bathroom. She grabs a light blue tank top out of her dresser and sets it on top while she digs around for some shorts to wear.

‘CRASH’, comes from down stairs, Caroline just rolls her eyes, not even a little worried. She knows that this means her mothers been drinking again.

Caroline’s mom isn’t exactly an alcoholic, she just gets extremely tipsy after only one or two drinks. She’s been drinking more than usually lately. Her brother passed away only five months after both of her parents, who died in a car crash. Everything just seems to stressful for her lately.

Caroline hates it when her mom drinks, she never hits her or anything like that. She just can never have friends over because she’s not sure if her mom will be sober or not.

She looks up at her bookshelf, where there sits tons of trophies and medals. Cross country and track are the only things that she lives for.

Sure she loves her friends, but she lives to run, to feel the wind whizzing past her, and her feet moving like a steady song. She’s only sophomore, but she was the best runner at her old school, in Wisconsin, she just hopes that it stays that way at her new school.

Running is her only way into college, or working everyday of her life until she graduates. Just as she’s about to step into the shower she hears a knock on the door.

She quickly throws her robe that’s hanging on the back of the bathroom door, over her self and opens the door. Her little sister Heather is standing there.

“Mom said that if I want to play outside then you have to go with me,” she says to Caroline.

“I’m about to take a shower, so either you can wait or ask mom if Rylie can take you she’s almost thirteen there’s no reason why she can’t,” Caroline tells her six year old sister.

“But I don’t want Rylie,” she pouts, looking upset.  It's not much of a shock that she doesn't want Riley.  RIley's going through her phase where she thinks that she's cooler than everyone because she's barley a teenager.

“Okay, well then you just need to wait then,” she tells her a little annoyed, but she can’t say no to her sad little brown eyes. Caroline seems to have to do everything around the house, except when her dad’s home which isn’t very often.

She always gets stuck doing the laundry for everyone, and cleaning up after everybody. Sometimes her little sister Rylie helps out, but that’s only when she’s lucky. She steps into the shower, letting the water soak into her body, letting go of the stress she’s been having.

With having just moved to a new town and starting school next week, she’s really stressed out. She takes her shower quickly, knowing that Heather isn’t the most patient person in the world, all tough she’d much rather stay in the shower a bit longer. She turns off the water and grabs her towel, and wraps it around herself.