Chapter 1

The first day of senior year was approaching rapidly. I was nervous because I knew everyone knew I came out this summer, but I didn't know what the general population of My High School thought about it. I was almost certain it was not a good reaction.

There were 6 days till the first day of school and I still hadnt bought school supplies. On this particular day I was trying to learn a new song on the ukulele and thinking about what insane color I should dye my hair next. I was thinking either neon pink or lavender. Currently it was a dramatic blood red.

About 3:30, mid way through the ukulele tutorial video, my little brother Cal bursts through my door, "Hey Pee!"
I cringed at the sound of that.
My brother was the typical annoying little beast most little brothers are described to be. He was short for a 14 year old, but in shape. Favorite activities include annoying the shit out of me, baseball, and failing every subject in school.
"Callan quit calling me that! My name is Penelope!" , I quickly snap back.
"Fine, only if you stop calling me Callan. The names Cal", he smirked, flicking his long blonde hair out of his eyes.
"Whatever! What the hell do you want anyway?"
I closed my laptop and layed across my black comforter.
"Mom called and said you need to get out of the house and quit messing around with that stupid ukulele."
"I beg your pardon, it is most certainly not stupid! Besides she's the one who gave it to me, doesn't she expect me to use the damn thing?"
"I don't know and I don't care. I'm just delivering the message!", he says as he walks out of the room.
After laying on the bed motionless for a while, I remembered the final day of school registration was today. So I got up, put on a black tank top and jean shorts, attempted to tame my red locks, and walked out of my room. I grabbed my keys and walked toward the garage door.
"Hey Cal I'm going to register us for school, you'll be ok alone for a while right?"
"Yes mother", he said sarcastically.
Before the door shut I heard Cal yell, "Go find yourself a girlfriend!"