Chapter one The story's begining

Talia woke up with a pounding headache one summer morning. She couldn't be sure it was morning though, since darkness still filled the silence outside, it looked it was around 4am. Talia sat up quickly and started combing her dirty blonde hair with her short, un-manicured nails. Since she was already awake, Talia decided to get up. Tired and frustrated, she swung her feet around to the other side of the bottom of her bunk bed. The lights were still off in her room as she walked over to her full body mirror, and stared at her reflection, gloomily. A girl with long blonde hair stared back at her, rubbing her icy blue eyes. She wore a yellow night shirt with mismatched, light blue jogging pants that once she had worn on a daily basis, until they got too small for her.

"Talia, go back to bed, what time is it anyway?" a boy on the top of Talia's bunk bed yawned.

"Well, good morning to you, too, Tom." Talia said, turning around to see a mass of a blonde haired boy, and beige blanket.

"Just go back to bed, already", Tom mumbled. "It's like... three o'clock... in the... morning."

Snores echoed the room, telling Talia that Tom had fallen asleep with no problem. Deciding that it was too early to be up, Talia walked across the squeaky floorboards, back into the bunk bed. She lied awake for around an hour, before finally falling asleep.

The alarm clock awoke her. Tom didn't seem to care about the buzzing of the old fashion clock, now hopping from the vibration, he just went right back to snoring. Talia just left him like that, and started heading downstairs. Running down the stairs and into the kitchen, Talia skipped over to the stove. No one was there to see her, in fact, there was no one in the house other than Tom and Talia. There was no mom upstairs to see them, no dad reading a newspaper on the couch, no one. Talia and Tom should be in an orphanage, but they were so far out in the country, not one single person even knew about the horrible incidences.

Their mom died first, in their old house. Their mom died in a fire caused by a cooking accident. Dad, Tom and Talia ended up running out in time, but their mom was less fortunate. After their dad helped build a new house, he told them he needed to go in the woods one day to get more firewood, and never came back. Their parents had left enough money to last the two kids a couple of months, taking a one hour walk to the smallest town in the area, picking up all they needed, then heading back home. It had only been one month since her dad had died. Which meant the money her parents had gotten when their grandmother died was still paying off, but money would be a problem soon.

Tom finally came down, rubbing his eyes. "l'm done with that alarm clock. I think its better to just wake up when we wake up, not let that buzzing machine decide when to wake us up."

Talia just rolled her eyes. "Quit complaining. If this was up to you, we would be waking up at 12:00 in the afternoon."

Tom seemed to agree with Talia's witty comeback and accepted it. He sat down on the rickety

table and stared into the distance.

Something told Talia that Tom did not want to get up today, like yesterday and the day before. It was his turn to go shopping. But what the two twins didn't know, was that no one would be going shopping today, or tomorrow, or any day after that.

*

A small, plump women stood in from of an old orphanage in London, England, the sun beating down on her back, as a man in a black suit appeared from the doorway of the orphanage. The lady had seen this man before, in fact, they worked together. But to other people, this man was a little odd. His black hair was combed straight up in a disfigured sort of way. His tie was bright pink and his suit was deep black, without a single hair or stain to be found. He would be quite handsome, if it wasn't for his abnormally large ears, but his voice was deep and serious, and when he talked, without a single pin prick of enthusiasm, it made you feel as though this man was about to do something awful.

"Good evening, Miss Murphy." The man said.

"Good evening, Belby. I know you are going to ask. We found the Syr kids' in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada." Miss Murphy said triumphantly.

"Great work, Agatha, we will pick them up immediately. I will contact Mr. Faranbeared to send out Amelia to Canada to bring them back here at 3:00 PM today." Belby said, straightening his tie.

"Oh, Belby, you are so organized. We don't need them here today, do we?" Agatha smiled lovingly.

"We need the kids to start training immediately. Everything has to be done quickly and without hesitation. The fate of the world is all up to us. Do you want the world to end, Miss Murphy?" Belby narrowed his eyes, becoming quite stern.

"Oh no, sir. Not at all!" Agatha said, quite taken aback.

"Good. The kids need to be here today." Belby said, walking back into the orphanage. He stopped at the door and turned around to face Agatha. "Remember, Project 2035 is all up to us. If we fail, no one will survive." Belby pointed a finger at Agatha then turned around to walk back inside.