Chapter 2 - Of Beginning and Piano

"Well you have to tell me, is that an order?"

Ciel sighed. "Teach me to play, that is an order."

Sebastian bowed from his sitting position, his right hand over his black heart. "Yes, my young lord." He scooted over to the left side of the piano bench, which Ciel took as a sign to sit next to him.

"First off, I shall play the piece for you. That way, you will have an understanding of how difficult this song can be."

Sebastian began to play. It seemed easy enough to Ciel, even for a person who has had no experience with a piano such as himself. But as Sebastian continued, he found that this piece was indeed difficult. This was going to take patience and practice.

Sebastian moved his white-gloved hands across the keys without default. Not a single note played wrong or missed. His head swayed to the sound, his complete concentration on the task at hand. Ciel gazed at his butler, his only friend. He never thought of having any type of relationship with Sebastian, though as the years went on they grew into friendship instead of being just master and servant. But now, friendship isn't enough anymore. Could there be more for him and his butler?

Just as the song was reaching its climax, Sebastian spoke. "Master, could you hit those two keys for me? I'll tell you when to play them." Ciel looked at the black and white keys he was referring to. He placed his hand over them and waited. "Alright, now master." Ciel gently pushed down, producing two harmonizing sounds. Sebastian reached for the notes that Ciel was playing, accidentally brushing his hand over his master's. Ciel pulled back, notes forgotten. Sebastian mumbled a 'sorry, my lord' and continued.

Ciel could still feel Sebastian's fingers over his. The soft touch sent sparks up his arm and all throughout his body. The touch felt...nice.

The song was ending when Ciel played those same notes again. Sebastian, unfazed, smiled slightly and finished the piece along with his master.

"I am terribly sorry. I had forgotten you were playing with me." Sebastian turned to face his master, noting the small blush on Ciel's cheeks.

"Just make sure it doesn't happen again." Ciel denied the fact that he liked the touch. Even so, he didn't really mean what he said. In fact, he wanted to feel the touch of Sebastian's hand on his skin again. But he had to keep his feelings contained. He wasn't going to fall in love with his butler.

Sebastian frowned. "Yes, my lord." He stood, helping his master up, and pulled out his pocket watch. "Oh dear, look at the time. Almost noon. Time for lunch, sir."

Ciel followed his butler to his blue and black colored dining area. The curtains were open, lighting up the room. Ciel sat at the head of the table and waited as Sebastian presented the menu.

"Today we have a freshly made linguine with a sliced chicken breast and a seasoned alfredo sauce. Also we have steaming warm bread and the addition of cut garlic cloves. With this Italian spread, we have a sweet grape side or your choice of imported Italian tea."

"Italian eh? Very well." Ciel took a bite, enjoying the somewhat spicy flavor it had. "It'll do."

Sebastian bowed "Thank you, sir."

After his meal, Ciel walked back over to the piano while Sebastian cleaned up in the kitchen and dining area. He swept his hand slowly over the notes, both black and white. He sat down on the bench and placed his hands upon the keys. He remembered the first few notes that Sebastian had played, or at least knew the sounds. He played the first two correctly but missed the third, making the notes clash. He replayed it but still hit the wrong note.

"Here, allow me."

A hand rested over his and guided his fingers to the correct key, fixing the broken sound. Ciel looked up at his butler's smiling face, a scowl on his own. "I thought I told you not touch me again—"

Ciel was cut off by Sebastian pinning his wrists to the piano bench, said butler hovering above him. "Sebastia—”

His butler leaned down next to his ear and whispered. "Am I moving too fast, my lord?" Ciel could feel the blush coming back. Sebastian's warm breath against his ear made him shiver. "Would you like me to stop, master? Just tell me to stop and I shall stop." He lifted his head to look into Ciel's eyes.

This was his chance. To stop them from becoming more than friends. Would he do that? Or would he give love a chance?

Sebastian leaned down, his lips just above Ciel's.

"Sebastian, I—"

Just then, the main door burst open, causing both men to snap out of their daze and look at the intruder.

His devilish green and yellow eyes shining, his shark teeth in a smile, his red coat flowing. He pushed aside his long red hair and rested his chainsaw on his shoulder, a hand on his hip. Of course, it just had to be him.

"Hello, Basi!"