Chapter 1

Maria POV
"I woke up and got ready for school as I did my normal routine and showered. I wore blue jeans with a keep calm shirt and braided my hair to the side. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs as mom made breakfast.

I take a bite of my toast and slip on my converse I didn't want to be late on the first day of school I always hated being late to school.

I head outside as I seen my best friend Spencer she was my only friend.

"Hey you ready for sophomore year? She asks

"Trust me I want to just graduate already" I explained

She laughs as we walked to school. Once we reached Escambia high school we walked in. (BTW that's a real school in Florida just decided to use it)

We get are schedules as we sadly didn't have any classes together. I go to my locker and open it as I grabbed my books. I turned around to see the Dolan twins the most popular guys in school.

I don't see what was so cool about them like they are just twins for crying out loud? Almost every girl in the school flirts and crushes on them. It's either their style or the perfect jaw lines everyone is obsessed about.

How should I know? I'm not perfect for either of them I kept walking until I reached my first period. I walked in and all eyes were on me it was akward as I took a seat.

I already miss Spencer already the only time I'll get to see her is during lunch.

"Okay class, welcome back please take out your notebooks and open to page 198 and start doing the geometry problems 1 through 20" Mrs. Carpenter says

I did as told until I see one of the Dolan's walk in and it was Ethan. That's great he's in the class how nice.

"Mr.Dolan your tardy? Mrs. Carpenter asks

"Sorry me and my brother got lost" he explains

"Yeah right" I said to myself

"Well your seat is right next to Maria, Maria raise your hand" Mrs.Carpenter asks

I was shocked as I raised my hand out of all the people she chooses me. Ethan looked at me and walked over as he took a seat next to me.

I was so nervous my heart was beating really fast I'm a geek and a really hot popular boy is sitting right next to me what do I do? I panicked

"Hey do you know what page we are on? Ethan asks

His voice oh my lord "page 198" I answered

"Thankyou" he smiles flashing his pearly whites

I faked smiles as I continued to do my work and Ethan was doing his. I guess he wasn't so bad himself.

I looked at the clock just waiting for the hour to end.

"These are your permanent seats students do not ask me if you can move unless it's necessary and we will be doing our first project tomorrow" Mrs.Carpenter says

Well looks like I'm stuck next to Ethan Dolan.

Vote and comment, follow me and @iluvromanreigns.