Chapter 3: "Dial Tone"

I looked at Zelo weird as I took the last couple of steps. "What are you doing here?" I asked fully approaching him. He smiled shyly and scratched the back of his neck before responding to my question.

"I came to ask you out." Zelo turned red and he looked at the ground.

"What did you have in mind?" I said trying to catch his eyes with mine, but it was no use. His eyes were glued to his feet. He fidgeted slightly before smiling up down at me.

"There's an amusement park down where I live. All of my hyun's didn't want to go. So I thought I could take the coolest girl in my school." Zelo murmured.

         I gave out small chuckle. "Why are you acting this way?" I punched him playfully. " 'Course I'll go with you. Let me get my jacket and slip my sneakers on." I ran up stairs, changed and slipped my sneakers on before meeting Zelo back at the door.

       He gave me a small smile and opened the door for me. "Leaving with my friend, Umma!" I yelled and waited for a reply before exiting out with Zelo. We walked in silence for a moment, then he broke it with an awkward cough. I eyed him, the way he stole quick glances at me for the side, played with hands before deciding they were better off in his pants pockets, looking at me and opening his mouth then closing as if deciding against taking to me. I finally got tried of this as I bumped his shoulder with mine.

"What's with the awkward silence. This isn't the hyper active Zelo I have come to know." I said walking backwards, to look at his face.

"Sorry. I just ran out of things to talk about." He replied easily with a shrug. He blushed which sent a smile on m face. What was he blushing for? It wasn't that cold out. I chuckled and nodded returning next to him.

"This is weird, you're usually the one talking non-stop. What's so different?" I asked with a smile, taking a glance at him.  

          He shrugged, "Like I said, I just ran out of things to say. Usually I'm able to talk to you so well, I don't know, I guess I'm just nervous being here with you." Zelo replied easily.

"Nervous? Why in the world would you be-"

"It's over here!" Zelo interrupted me as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the amusement park entrance. I dropped my confused state as my eyes landed on the huge rides. Excitement totally took over me. I haven't been to the amusement park in so long. Interlocking my fingers with Zelo's, I began to drag him in, a huge smile on my face.

"Zelo we have to get on everything! Oh, and ears! We have to buy matching ears!" I said pulling him every direction. He chuckled and hugged from behind, taking away my breath.

"Calm down Lyla. We have time to do everything." Zelo whispered into my ear, sending weird shivers down my spine, like the way Zico does. I chuckled weakly and got out of his grasp. "So.. um where first?"

"We should go buy the bracelets so we're able to get on all the rides." Zelo suggested, pulling me to the ticket line. Zelo bought the bracelets and I bought the matching panda ears. I adjusted the panda head band on his head.

"There you go. Perfect." I nodded took hold of his hand and walked. "You pick which ride first."

           Zelo didn't respond, concerned I look at him, to find his staring at me. "What?" My heart picked up in speed, seeing a weird look in his eyes. Did I have something stuck in my teeth? I hadn't eaten the entire day! My eyes widened and I squeezed his hand. "What is it?"

"We ... look ... like a couple." He whispered.

      Huh? Couple? I looked at our hands, then to the matching ears. Oh gosh, we did. I let go of his hand smiling weakly. "We do. I'm sorry. I just really wanted to buy matching ears with someone. I don't want to send you the wrong message that I'm tyring to hit on you or anything."