Breathless Part 7

"Hello?" You exhaled. Feeling your stomach churn.

"Hey." The familiar voice rang in your ears, causing the tears to break through the seal and stain your cheeks.

"Jared?" Your voice shook, not knowing how to control your emotions. "Oh my God, hey! How are you? How's J?"

You could hear him take a deep breath and sigh. "I'm okay. We got hit from the side-" He paused. A knot formed in your throat. "And J was sitting on that side. He;s pretty beat up. The doctors just took him in for surgery."

His words stung you. Making you cringe as the knot grew tighter in your throat, making it unbearable to breathe.

"But i have to go. Have to call the wife." He faintly chuckled. "I just wanted to give you an update. I'll call you if anything happens, okay?"

You took in a deep breath. "O-okay. Thank you." Your voice shook as a knot formed in your throat.

"Of course. You're family. Love you Y/N. Talk to you soon."

"Love you too."

As you hung up the phone, you cried into your hands. Your heart felt like it dropped to the pit of your stomach, and you could barely breathe.

With every bad scenario playing in your head, you couldn't help but cry even more. Scared of whats to come. You felt sick.

"Please be okay!" You cried.
-------------

You helped Gen out of the car. Cliff picked you both up from the airport, and you both decided to go to the hospital before going to the hotel. You were too worried about the boys.

You hated hospitals. It was always so sad and you hated seeing people hurt, sick.

Gen pulled on your arm tighter, as you both walked down the hall. Following close behind Cliff.

"Jensen hasn't woken up yet, and Jared refused to leave the room, so they stuck them together. You know how those boys are." He flashed a soft smile.

As Cliff opened the door, Your eyes met Jareds. He looked exhausted. With some scratches on his face.
"Hey baby." He smiled as he walked over to Gen. He pulled her in, holding her tightly as he pressed his lips to her head. She cried into his chest as she squeezed.

"I love you so much." She whispered.

You averted your gaze pass them, and you felt your chest tighten as you saw him. He looked so helpless, hooked up to the machines, unconscious. Your eyes welled with tears, as you made your way to his side.

"His surgery went well. Doctors say he should recover just fine." Jared smiled.

You felt relieved as his words echoed in your head.
Reaching for his hand, you felt chills cover your body as his skin met yours. Your tears streamed down your cheeks, this was the most terrifying thing you had ever been through.

"Lets give her some alone time. Come on." Gen muttered, pulling her husbands hand as she lead the way out of the room.

Cliff followed behind, leaving you alone. The beeping sound from the machines echoed around you.

"Hey baby." Your voice cracked. Feeling your stomach churn.

You pulled the chair up to the side of the bed, still holding his hand.

"I missed you. I even have some great news to tell you. Well maybe not so great." You took in a deep breath, as you circled your thumb over his palm. "I dont want to lose you Jensen. This year has been so amazing. Like a fairy tale."

You cried a bit harder, remembering the first night you two met. It felt like it was just yesterday, and you would do anything to go back. To feel him, see him smile again.

"I dont know if you can hear me or not, but I love you. Okay? I'm here J. I'm not going anywhere. Just be strong. Come back to me."

You propped up on your feet, and leaned over him. Gently you pressed your lips to his. "I love You."
----------------

Its been a couple of hours, and still nothing has changed. Jensen hasnt woken up and you were beginning to feel like he never would.

You rested your head down on to the bed, staring at his hand as you continued to circle your thumb over him.

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake, quietly echoed from the room next to yours. You started to hum along.
"I dont want to lose you now, I'm looking right at the other half of me. The vacancy that sat in my heart is the space that now you hold." You whispered.

Jensen slowly fluttered his eyes open, aching from the pain that struck through him, But something was drawing his attention.

"Show me how to fight for now, and ill tell you baby it was easy coming back into you once i figured it out. You were right here all along."

Jensen's lips curved as you continued to quietly sing, unaware of him listening.

"It's like you're my mirror."

"Are you serenading me?" He chuckled, making you jump up and snap your gaze to his.

He stared intently at you as you felt yourself lose it. "J?" You forced out.

Jensen smiled, and shrugged his shoulders. "The one and only." He flashed a wink.

You couldnt help but chuckle as the tears flowed down your cheeks. "Oh my god!"

You wrapped your arms around his neck, making him wince from the pain.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I just-"

"I know baby. Its okay. Come here." He pulled you into him and held you closely to him. Molding your body into his.

He missed you so much. 4 weeks apart, it was killing him. But it also helped him realize just how special you were to him.

Little did you know, That morning when he skyped you, he and Jared had just gotten back from the jewelry store, where he had picked the perfect engagement ring for you. He was ready to show you just how much you meant to him.

"I am so glad you're okay. I was so scared." You whispered, crying into his hospital gown.

He pulled your face up, making you look right at him.

"Hey, I'm fine okay? Just a few fractured ribs and a broken leg. But I'll be ok. I'm sorry for scaring you." He pressed his lips to yours. It felt great to have him kiss you back. It felt like forever since the last time you two kissed.

As he continued to hold you, you knew you had to tell him the news, before something else happened. Because tomorrow is never promised. This just proved your point.

You took in a deep breath, and sat up.

"I have something really important to tell you, and I dont know how you will take it." You looked down at your hands, feeling a knot form in your throat.

"What is it?" He asked.

You met his gaze, dreading this moment. You let out a soft sigh and cleared your throat.

'Here it goes.' You thought to yourself.