3 - Her Eyes

Colton's POV

"Colton come on we go on in 5 minutes." My brother Zach said to me, handing me my guitar. I put my phone on the table in our dressing room and threw the guitar strap over my head.

I saw the lights in the stadium go black, so my brother and I walked out onto the stage.

My brother gave me a pat on the back and started singing, "Tan legs sticking to the seat, the AC's broken, broken. Dash too hot for your feet and girl it's smoking, smoking...."

The lights came on, and I was blinded by people in cowboy hats and cowboy boots. During the set, I walked along the weird shaped stage, taking fan's phones, giving out guitar picks, and giving everyone high fives, and then it was time for our second to last song: Pretty Beautiful, my favorite song.

I guess it's my favorite because I've always wanted a girl to sing it to at our wedding, or sing it when I have my first daughter to make her fall asleep.

Zach pulled 2 stools out from the side of the stage, and we both sat down with our guitars at the end of the catwalk.

"There's something about you, your every move, like the sun comes up, just to shine on you.
And you're a wild flower, in a world of weeds.
Ain't no doubt about it you were hand picked just for me.

And baby you turn grey to blue.
Now what you do is wonderful, wonderful,
And don't you know, that you're so beautiful, beautiful, you make pretty beautiful.

It ain't what you're wearing, or those diamond eyes,
It's the heart that you carry deep inside.
Like a mist in the morning, or the midnight rain,
You're the love that I want and I want falling down on me

And baby you turn grey to blue.
Now what you do is wonderful, wonderful,
And you don't you know, that you're so beautiful, beautiful, you make pretty beautiful

Baby, you're one in a million,
You're the only one that's ever been so beautiful

And baby you turn grey to blue.
Now what you do is wonderful, wonderful,
And you don't you know, that you're so beautiful, beautiful, you make pretty beautiful"

(Video of Pretty Beautiful on the side)

We finished up the song and after a whole ton of cheering from the audience, we began to sing our last song, Later On.

During the song, I was walking along the second stage, and I saw a girl singing along. She was breathtaking. I had never seen anyone as beautiful as she was. As I walked slowly in her direction, we made eye contact. I swear my heart stopped. She had the most beautiful greenish-blue eyes: they shined in the spotlights like the sun shining onto the ocean after a storm.

I felt butterflies in my stomach which was weird. I never get nervous when I talk to girls, and hell, I'm not even talking to her I'm only looking at her.

After what felt like hours, I pulled my eyes away from hers to continue walking along, but only reluctantly, because I swear that she felt something too.