Chapter 2- Meeting The Family

Chapter 2_Meeting The Family

Mr. Howard and I were walking through the airport . . . and it smelled REALLY bad for some reason. I didn't know who we were looking for until a little blonde lady with lime green glasses walking towards us.

"Oh!" exclaimed the lady "You look so much prettier now than when I saw you when you were four! Oh you and I are going to have so much fun! Make-overs and hair styleing! Oh I've always wanted another grown girl in the house!"

I reached up to Mr.Howard and wispered ,"Who on earth is that crazy woman?"

He chuckled, "Thats Melanie, my wife."

I blushed just a little.

"Melanie, how 'bout we settle Julia in before you start going on one of those crazy woman rampages . . . okay."

"Oh! Okay! I'm sorry Julia I'm just soooo excited to have another girl in the house because you know I have six boys and one little girl. It's just . . . I've always wanted another grown girl in the house!"

"Okay Melanie, I think she gets it, " said Mr. Howard.

"Well lets go get your things. So, what kind of 'girl' things do you like" Melanie asked.

"I like shopping, mani/pedi's, make-overs, getting my hair done, um. . .oh! I like waxing eye brows. I always think that feels good even though everyone thinks it hurts." I could have gone on and on but those are the basics and I really wanted some sleep from all of the world's drama.

"Oh! I love doing those things also!"

That finished our conversation and I got all of my bags. We got in to their Chevy pick-up and drove a really long way to the ranch. Mrs. Howard didn't talk the whole way which surprised me.

I think I fell asleep on the way to the ranch because I woke up from a jolt. HolyCheesePuffs! Why are there so many bumps in the road! I looked out the window and saw that we were on a dirt road with alot of rocks.Man!This is really giving me a headache!

We finally stopped and I opened the door and bent down to hug the ground. You can just imagine how retarted I looked.

"It's not bumpy!"

Mr. and Mrs. Howard started laughing and I got up and shook my the dirt off my clothes. I looked up at the sky and saw alot of shinny lights.

"Wha . . . what are those? Are those stars?! Woah! That's alot of stars!" I said pointing at the sky like an idiot.

"Yes honey." said Mrs. Howard, "Please tell me you have seen stars before."

"Yes ma'am but not this many!"

After that we walked into house. I stood up straight and looked straight forward ready to meet the six grown boys and the little girl.

We walked in and all I heard was noise. Two boys were fighting on the floor. Two more were trying to pull them off eachother. One boy was playing video games. One boy whiched looked to be the oldest was smirking at the boys on the floor. Then there was a little girl screaming and running around the house with only a diaper on. It was over whelming.

"Well, everyone is acting normal." said Mrs. Howard, "Let's go take you to your room."

The kids didn't even notice us walking up the stairs. I could still heard them when I was in my room. It was the guest room and it was pretty big. It wasn't as big as my room in New York but it still was pretty big. New York . . . I got a flashback of my family and I sitting down for one of our family game nights. Myra , my older sister, just beat everyone at Sorry! and I threw the board in the air because I was so close to winning and we all started laughing at the cards that were floating threw the air and landed everywhere . . . I wiped a tear from my eye and started unpacking. Mr. and Mrs. Howard went back down stairs to cook supper and resolve the little fight with the boys.