Chapter Four: Avia

I walk on the hot sand, one hill after the other. Man am I hungry, I have been walking in the same direction for hours. I see something in the distance, a white building with a red accent shinning in the sun. There are 4 little legs on the side of each corner making the thing seem like a large table. As I get closer there seems to be a very distinctive smell, stronger than alcohol, but with more of a base and more metal like .

I can hear the sun ring as if it was crying from the heat. It reminds me of home the way the bell used to ring to remind us of death. Dry valley must be horrible right now. For a place where the dust never settles, it sure gose crazy then there is a hurricane.

I walk into the strange place and fell a gush of cold wind hit my skin. There are so many colors around and pictures on the wall. I walk over to a section of packaged food and pick up a small bag. After that I head to the back and find the drinks. My eyes amiditaly go to the beer. I pick up a pack and head for checkout-I have already made the mistake of missing that before.

I wait in line behind this man. He was about 40 and his little girl was about eightish.

"Excuse me misses," the girl said innocently.

I pause, I don't know how to respond, I have never seen this child in my life, actually I haven't seen a kid since i was a kid.

"Ummmmm hi?" no that's too awkward.

"Hello," no that's too formal.

"Umm whaddup," okay that made it worse.

"Hi!" I said finally with a smile.

The girl looks confused, but quickly shakes it off, "You are really pretty, you look like princess Aurora."

"Umm, thank you?" What is this kid talking about? Kids are strange. I think I made it clear that I don't get it.

"Me and my daddy are going to disney land. We came from Kansas what about you?" She seems so exited, perhaps she is feeding off of my awkwardness.

The man interrupts, "Oh I am sorry for Emily. She is just so exited," he said slightly embarrassed.

"Umm its alright," I said. The man pays for his food and leaves the store with his little girl, meaning it was my turn to check out.

"Hello Ms, how are you doing today?" As he takes my stuff. Why is he asking, does he care because he doesn't really seem to. I ignore him.

I ask the man "How much do you want for this?"

He gives me a look and said "Well, darling, if it were up to me, it would be $200." and then he laughs. I didn't know what to do, I stand there expressionless, and give him the $200 that he asked for.

"Here you go," I say the man stands there with the same expressionless face that I had on a minute ago. This silence is eating me up. Did I do something wrong? I couldn't have done something wrong already. Oh, I did do something wrong.

"Here is my ID," I handed the man my card. He is still shocked, so shocked he doesn't even realize that it's a fake ID. In order to avoid any more strange eye contact, I leave.

As I walk out, I see the large white truck coming my way through the distance. Only the government have those cars. Have they already found me? I hide behind one if these big metal machines that stink, but somehow the smell again reminds me of home. The men take the pipe part and place it in their truck I listen in on their conversation.

"The master is getting pissed!" the first guy said.

"Well yeah, the prisoners are ruining his plan. They are escaping, we are up to 4 gone." 4. They did it! Chase, Jai and Nina escaped!

"He says he wants the escapers back dead or alive. His entire story can fall apart without them."

Just then I knock over the pipe thing in my machine and it creates a thud. The 2 men look at me.

Without thinking, I run.

Author's note
Sorry for the short chapter guys, I would rather make it short than drag it out. If you like the story let me know, if you don't tell me how you would change it.