Chains of Diamond

I had been through too much with Jeana. She was the incarnation of pure beauty, forged out of bravery, created out of love and beauty. She was strong, she was pure. She was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before.

Our relationship had lasted too long, too strong. Even when I was stationed in Korea for my military training, she stood by me, even when she was across the world in Philly. Our love was unbreakable. Our loved was forced from the hottest fires, the strongest of metals, we were two links inseperable. We were the "it" couple. We were Jesse and Jeana.

But it was withering. It was ending. She didn't want me anymore. I had messed up one too many times.

***

"Hey, baby," I said, greeting her from her long day at work, "I bought you a Wawa."

"Is it Teryaki Chicken?"

A smile spread across my face. I loved her so much. "Yes," I replied.

"Thank god. I didn't want to cook tonight."

"No problem."

I turned my back. I felt horrible for what she was going to find in her sandwich, but it was beneficial to us, and we needed the extra money Youtube provided for us.

As I sat down at the table, I pretended everything was normal, despite the camera I knew was tracking our every move. Suddenly, I heard a bloodcurling shriek.

"JESSE! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Jeana yelled, her face turning red. In her beautifully manicured, soft velvety hands she held up a silkworm pupa.

Inside, I felt horrible that I did this sort of stuff to her, but I couldn't let my vulnerability show to the millions of viewers watching our every move.the fact that they knew me already too well scared me more than anything.

So like usual, I put on a joking, cocky smirk on my face, not letting my intense love for the infuriated girl show through.

"What do you mean?" I said, as chills ran through mu body. Somehow, I knew this wasn't going to turn out right.

"YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE ME EAT A BUG! A REAL BUG!" she was so beautiful, even when she was yelling at me like this. "THAT'S IT. YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE. WE'RE OVER. OVER!"

It hit me like a slap across the face. I was numb. Dead. I was nothing.

Panicking, I did what I needed to do, right then. It was like... a physical pull. I had to kiss her.

Feeling her lips on mine, I was home. 

Suddenly, a fist came up and struck my face. I took it, because I knew I deserved it. I knew that the first moment I gave Jeana the first prank, the cinnamon challenge, it was going to ruin our relationship.

 Before I knew it, she was out the door.

She left me empty.

For seven years, my life revolved around making her happy. For seven years, I had loved her. Hell, I still loved her, as much as I would have liked to deny it. For seven years, she was my life. For seven years, I had gotten used to that life, forgetting what it was like to be alone. To be me.

And now, she was gone, leaving me an empty shell. I was nothing without her. I felt like a pussy for saying this, but it was like how Stephanie Meyer described love; before you found the one, your life was a starry night. There were tiny pimpricks of hope and light from beyond. Your love was a meteor, shooting across the sky, bringing light and brilliance to your life. Then, the fire die out, and you will never see the stars again. Your eyes will never adjust.

I realized something. The strongest steels can be broken, torn apart slowly by differences. But they can always be mended. 

 ***

I saw her in the club, draining down shots, one after one. In the short time I saw her, she had already poured five shots down her throat.

"Jenna, come on. You can't do this," I said, gently.

"Jesse," she whispered.

"Yes," I nervously breathed back.

And suddenly, puches were being thrown at me. I took it. I knew what I did was wrong. Those punches hurt. Not because my chest stung and smarted, but because I knew I deserved it. I knew it was my fault that she was like this; drunk, depressed, hurt. I never should have forced her to face her fears so quickly, and trick her into eating bugs. Sure, it was editable, and people across the world were eating this every day, but they were raised under different circumstances.

To my surprise, tears were dribbling down my cheeks.

And my heart broke. It shattered.

I don't what Jeana had on me. I don't know why Jeana made me feel this way. But she cried. For the first time, I saw her cry. I wanted to die, because I had caused this.

"Fuck you, Jesse," Jeana whispered through her gut-wrenching sobs.

"I know, honey, I know." I held her, shaking and weak. I hated seeing her like this. Our relationship had always been fun. We made jokes, we teased eachother, we pulled outrageous jokes. But I realized that this was what a relationship needed; care. Pain. Desire. Love.

Suddenly, I felt upchuck over me, and she went limp in my arms. Somehow, I wasn't disgusted.

Sighing, I carried her to the car, and drove home.

***

I woke extra early for when Jeana today. I wanted to surprise her.

I sat next to the bed, staring at her sleep, until she woke up.

When she did, her eyes were immediately filled with anger. She opened her mouth to say something, but I shushed her.

"Shh. Jeana, I want to apologize. I was an idiot. Today, I want to propose a truce. I don't want this prank war anymore. I know it's tearing our relationship apart. Please, accept this apology, and let this war end.

"There is also something else I would like say. Jeana, we've been together for almost eight years. I know you; you are smart, funny brave. You are amazing. We are amazing. The bond that hold us is too strong break, without each of us shattering. I love you Jeana, more than anything." Slowly, I kneeled down, and extracted something from my coat pocket. "Jeana," I began nervously, "will you be my wife?"

She looked shocked, and I tried to hide my panic.

"Yes," she whispered. Then she leaned forward to kiss me.

I was delirious.

We had chains bonding us stronger than steel, stronger than iron. Our new bond was made with diamonds, just like the new diamond on her ring finger.

***

In case you aren't familiar with this fanfic, this is a PVP fanfic, of BFvsGF.

I think they should totally get married, so I wrote this. To be honest, I think they should stick to Public Embarassment pranks, because seriously, one day, I swear if they keep pranking each other like that, one of them's going to die.