Unknown World

DATE: SEPTEMBER 26, 9136

 “Hello Captain” A familiar shade of green hair popped into Daime’s visual screen. Daime looked at her friend Liz as he smiled lightly at her.

“Hey Liz what’s up?” Daime asked leaning back against her headboard beat from their training exercise.

“The stars duh!” he responded being a smart ass. Daime glared at him not liking his respond it was obvious the stars where above them they were on a ship for Gaea’s sake.

“You know that’s not what I meant”

“Fine waiting till we land, so that we can see the new planet, find out if it’s habitable the council did send us to research the planet after all” Liz explained shrugging as if it was nothing.

“Exactly so don’t blow this chance Liz. I worked my butt of to get us a second chance” Daime warned.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know that what I did in the other planet was stupid” Liz said as if it were nothing. Like he hadn’t almost cost them all of their lives, and their position in the council.

“You’re damn right it was”

The door to Daime’s room opened with a beep, and Violet came the usual happy smile that never left her face showing.

“Hey Daime” Violet said cheerfully than looked at her visual screen, “Ugh I see an ugly lizard on your screen” she sneered all the happy gone from her tone.

“Really!? Cause I see a purple haired freak in hers!” Liz sneered back.

“Ignoring the lizard now! Are you excited for the new planet?”

“Yes I am thank you for asking Violet” Liz butted in.

“I wasn’t talking to you” Violet snapped she had a look that could kill ten men. Daime was used to their fighting but right now she found it annoying, all she wanted was to go to bed and not think about the planet or anything else that had to do with it.

“Ignore him Violet he just wants to get your attention” Nyx said standing behind a Liz a smirk on his lips.

“Do not” Liz argued with it spinning his chair around to face him.

“Yes you do now say good night I want to go to bed” Nyx said laying down on his bed.

“Night Captain hope you get sucked by a black hole Violet” Liz said quickly turning of his visual screen before Violet could start another argument with him.

Violet huffed and sat down on her bed pulling out her favorite book. Daime turned her attention to Violet. After starring for a couple of minutes Violet put down her book and looked at Daime, “What?”

“Do you two always have to fight?” Daime asked.

“Yes! I don’t like him. He’s cocky, annoying, a jerk and, and-”

“And hot” Daime offered smirking at her friend liking the way Violet looked at her like she could rip her head off.

“Ugh” Violet covered her body with her blanket, “TURN OFF THE LIGHT”

“Going jeez” Daime, grumbled laying down crossing her arms behind her head and looking up at the ceiling noticing it was gone.

“Uh Vi, where’s the ceiling?” Daime asked confused.

“I wanted to sleep under the stars like our ancestors did before the second great depression. Now go to sleep!” Violet snapped.

Daime stayed quite lost in her own thoughts, pulling the blankets over her and using her hand as a second pillow she closed her eyes trying to go to sleep, but it wouldn’t come. Too many thoughts rushed through her head.  Would the planet be just a wasted trip with no use for it? If not would the planet be habitable? If so would there be life like in some of the other planets? In the midst of her thoughts Daime had somehow managed to fall sleep. Nightmares taking her back to that dreaded day.