Prologue

I lifted my bag and walked out of the class as prof.Lawrence signed off for the day. I traced me way to the lockers to change books. To utterly not my surprise i found a note stuck on my locker. With red ink it was written -'hey love. Missing you a lot.. Same place as usual. Love you sweetie.' It was from my boyfriend Noah. He was utter clingy and so not of my type. Many times i used to find myself questioning to my conscience as to what in the world made me accept his proposal. He was that kind of guy who would pick the best girl and show her off in front of his peers. I am not saying i was best. Its just that i was way better than him for sure and so he used to show me off his friends.
I was so lost in my thoughts when i felt someone's arms around my waist."Hey love." i heard Noah's voice. "Hey Noah." i replied trying to let myself off his grip. His such actions made me firm on my decision of breaking up with him. "I want you to meet my friend." said Noah excitedly as he pulled me through the crowd. He looked serious about me but he wasn't more than just a pass time for me. I thought as he pulled me in front of a tall pale boy. "Myra this is Travis. He is in my class." he gave a brief introduction about the guy who looked happy to see me. " And Travis, this is my sweetheart Myra. My girlfriend." i faked a smile at the guy as Noah continued his talk with him. The Travis guy looked new. He indeed was. His eyes were of a lighter shade of brown and his smile was bright but periodic. "Hey you guys look cute together." Travis complimented. I had faced this compliment a number of times and believed it was just as fake as the rumour of Taylor Lautner getting engaged with Ashley green. But this guy meant every word he said. He didn't know me any better and he was commenting on my relationship. But he had a feature that would ensure anyone of his truthfulness. That feature was his eyes. He had eyes that couldn't manage to go with lie.
Little did i know that this guy belonged to more than just this time to me.
As predicted mine and Noah's relationship didn't even survive for four months. My interest began to give up on him and i decided to walk out. Being a free spirit girl, i couldn't handle his possessive tantrums and aggressive attitude.
And that's when i vowed to not get involved in such activities any sooner. My vow wasn't ever any stronger but it had gained this particular strength from the friendship that blossomed in my life like the flowers in spring. It made my life more fragrant and beautiful than ever. The lone difference was that unlike the flowers, this friendship would survive for eons to come and ages to continue. This is better than love i believed. And he too.
Travis Lanchester it was. My bestie for life. My hope for a new start. My definition of friendship.
........................
Hey friends,
This is star_dreamer. And this is my first chp of my first book. I know i might have made some grammatical mistakes. Plz excuse it. And i hope this might have reminded u of ur bestie who came in ur life.
So keep reading, commenting, voting. Coz tats Wat keeps us going...