Followers

Getting followers is actually pretty easy. Just go to a person's story that you like, and comment a few nice words (but mean them) and there might be a chance they might follow you. Just don't do that on famous people's stories, though, then the chance would be lessened. The chance usually increases when the person has less than 20 followers.

Another tip I have is to recommend your Wattpad to relatives or friends; this way it'd be easier. Since you know them well, there might be a big chance they'll read and compliment your works, too, so this tip is also helpful in getting reads. If they don't have Wattpad, give a recommendation for them to download it. You can also post your account on Social Media.

For your books, make sure to put legitimate tags, so people can easily find and read them. Make sure the summary and the cover stands out, and the story too. This way the readers would have a higher chance of following you. Choose a suiting genre that matches the book, famous genres (for me) are usually Romance, Comedy or Fantasy. So tag legitimately and choose the best genres from the three I listed above.

Let's see, what else?

So you may see people with tons of followers. This is usually because of the amount of books they have written; or the type of books they have written. But mostly it is because the person has been on Wattpad for quite an amount of time, maybe around 7 months to a year.

The last tip I have is to show adoration to a person. Just shower them with Votes and Comments; they might like you and follow you back. Just vote the shit out of their stories, I'm sure there isn't anyone on Wattpad who doesn't like those. So shower them with compliments, but again mean it!

That's about it. Remember getting followers are about your books, not mostly just your compliments of the amount of time you've spent on Wattpad. Good luck! Also, I may not seem like a professional, considering I only have 6 followers, but back on my personal I used to get loads of followers because I did these steps. Feel free to criticize me, this ain't as accurate as other tips, but these are my best ones.