Prologue

The moonlight peered through the branches of the maple trees. The waves of the river washed up onto the rocks while a porch light turned on from your house as you headed after your boyfriend.

"Please, come back," You yelled into the darkness.

"After what you did, Y/N?" Your boyfriend questioned.

"You know perfectly well it was only to help capture the damn guy!" You told him the truth but couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Couldn't you have done it without kissing your hot-shot boss?" (BF's name) shouted back. 

"I have to follow Hotch's orders at all times. It's part of the job, (BF's name)," You had already explained this to him at least a million times.

"He's way older then you. What he's 7-10 years older?"

"Is this what you are upset about? You think I'm too young to be in the FBI? They chose me, (BF'S name). I've waited for so long and here's my opportunity. So if you can't support my decision, you should take this back as well," you say as you tossed him the promise ring, tears beginning to form in your eyes.

"I'll have someone get my stuff in the morning. Have a nice life, Y/N," (BF'S name) said as he simply walked off. 

           You sobbed loudly because (BF'S name) had meant everything to you. He'd been there for the ups and downs, he'd been there for everything. A couple of minutes had gone by and you almost had brought yourself back together. The grass underneath your bare feet felt damp from the early morning dew. You proceeded to head inside but then you stopped in your tracks. A black SUV pulled in front of your house, with flashing lights. You saw Hotch and Morgan get out of the car.

"Hotch?" You were very confuzzled.

"You have a couple minutes to pack. Morgan will help you," Hotch ordered.

"Wha-What do you mean?" You stammered. You blushed slightly as you were only in an over sized t-shirt for pajamas.

"Michael Holt escaped the federal prison. He's prowling the streets We need to get you into protective custody," Hotch explained. You hurried inside the house with Morgan right behind you.