Since it was Friday which meant the First game of the tournament was only a mere twenty-four hours away, I decided to gather my team and have a pep talk. Walking into the Great Hall, I beckoned my team to follow me down to the Slytherin changing room.

After donning my Quidditch gear for practice, I waited as the team sluggishly followed, and sat down in a semi-circle waiting for me to start talking. From their expressions, I could tell none was too happy to see me mentoring.

It was going to be a long year. I sighed.

" Tomorrow, First up against Durmstrang's Team Black Fiend. I'm sure you all have been through with the introductions. Since its the first match, the most important task at hand would be to observe their signature tactics. First base defenses and team work. The good players and their styles." I paused, staring at everyone hard- feeling the adrenaline flow through my veins. " That's pretty much it for starters. Now the last thing and the most important thing, rock this game off. Dismissed." And with that I walked out, my Sleeze Core 5 (The fastest broom up to date) in my hand.

The vastness of the pitch seemed to ease my breathing, which I hadn't even noticed going slightly fast back in the Changing room. Inhaling deeply, I mounted my broom and took off, the chilly wind slapping my face. The cold soothed my nerves and cast a tranquil effect on my head which had gone into over-drive. Doing a quick spin, I turned around to see my team already in the air. With a quick start we proceeded to the actual practice.

It was well after dinner time when I managed to shoo my team back towards the castle. Despite the tight-lipped attitude of the team, we had been able to get into the usual Quidditch spirit, going as far as to calling each other by our team nick names.

I was the last person to leave the changing room. Walking slowly through the dewy grass I cast a glance towards the lake. Calm and quiet, it had always attracted me. Not just because it was one of the biggest assets of Hogwarts in all its glory but also because of the affinity it held towards my character. I had often categorized myself as a composed and cold person, no matter how bad of a time I might be going through, I'd always exhibited a steel-front. But deep down, it was an ataxia of thoughts and emotions. Just like the Lake. Who knew what went down in the depths? There might be a tidal current down there, wrecking havoc but the surface played lip service.

Lost in my thoughts, I'd blocked the world out until I heard a faint rustling coming from some nearby bushes. War-mode kicking back in like an instinct I quickly grabbed my wand.

"Whose there?" I called out in a firm voice. No reply came, but I could hear faint footsteps, shuffling behind the bush nervously. Frowning, I stepped forward cautiously, wand drawn and cast "Lumos". I was met with two bright orbs staring nervously at me. It was one of the Ponies which had come with the Durmstrang people. On closer inspection, I figured it to be Rainbow Dash, the blue thing. I could recall Granger telling something to Potter about its powers.

It stared at me for a moment, trying to gauge my reaction. It felt like it had been following me for sometime now.

"What do you want?" It sure felt like a stupid thing, asking questions like that. But since, I didn't have any idea about what kind of powers the little thing possessed, I felt compelled to find out. It just stared at me more intensely it seemed. After about five minutes of continuous eye contact, I started to get bored.

" Well, I guess.. Good Night?" and with that I resumed my slow trek up towards the castle.

" Vit eva yo deed, Yo deed eet outs ov loyahlty.. I gan see dat.." It was soft, almost like a purring sound. But the sound wasn't what had me frozen on the spot. It was what it had said. What it had implied. Swerving around I gaped at the pony, who seemed to be retreating from me, inconspicuously- probably startled by my odd reaction.