Chapter One - Red

Ashton;

Art. It's simplistic yet complicated, beautiful yet sad.

Many believe that the mind of an artist cannot be understood purely because they see the world in different colours. I believe this is so as I've never been good with words. I've only been able to release my thoughts and feelings onto a canvas but it's sad because other people still don't understand the meanings behind what I paint. I have never had many friends and found it difficult to hold a conversation with someone, I feel like the only way I can speak, is through my paintbrush dipped in colours beyond your palette.

"Ashton Irwin, can I please see your 2nd term's art piece?" I'm cut out of my thoughts by the sound of Mrs Andrews- my university lecturer's soft voice. I cough awkwardly to clear my throat and push my glasses up with my index finger before standing up and heading over to her desk. I give her a weak smile as I take the plastic off from my canvas, anticipation is evident in her eyes because I'm one of her best students. When I turn the canvas around her eyes lighten up with joy from what she sees and I can't help but reciprocate her reaction.

"Uh, do you, uh, like it?" I ask timidly, never being confident with words. Mrs Andrews looks at me as if I asked the dumbest question she's ever heard. I guess that's a relief.

"Ashton, it's wonderful! Your perception of different art forms is extraordinary, where did you get the inspiration for this?"

My eyes scanned over the painting and a smile formed across my face as I reminisce back to the process of the painting, my dimples were probably showing in depth. Mrs Andrews raised her eyebrows and half smiled/smirked.

"Indigo Jennings"

---

The next chapters will be v/ long it's just this is the opening chapter and it's supposed to create suspense and anticipation :3

See you guys next chapter! Xx