Changers

Sam lifted himself up and pointed his gun at the midnights. 'What the hell, where did they come from.' He said. The rest of the group ran around the corner and saw all the midnights standing there, looking like they where their meal. 'Oh my gosh!' Dallas said as she hid behind her brother. 'Why aren't they coming at us?' Dallas was looked behind her back then glanced at me and walked over. 'It's all your fault! You wanted to come here now where all dead!' Dallas snapped. 'Look if we were to go somewhere else we would be dead.' Dallas fell to here knees and started crying. 'Hey you should go somewhere safe alright because we don't what you to get hurt.' I said. Dallas sobbed. 'Ok.' She got up off her knees and ran behind the corner.

All of a sudden the midnights started to run towards us. Sam took the first shot then Ethan. I attacked one of the midnights dogging it's blade in hand and stabbing it in the chest. It seamed that you can't kill them to the chest, only the head. I yell out to the boys. 'Hey you can only stab them in the head!' The midnight came at me, trying to get me but I took a shot to its head and it was dead. But I didn't take that shot, well I thought I did. 'You should be careful next time. Maybe you should stay with Dallas.' Sam said to me. 'But why I mean I can handle a midnight.' I said. I glanced over to James walking over to Dallas and gave her a hug. 'No but can you handle a human.' Sam then walked over to James and Dallas. I followed along thinking about what he said earlier.

'We should pack up and get going now before more come.' Ethan said. Sam helped me lift the heavy bag onto the horses. 'Need any help getting on.' Sam said and smiled. 'No I can handle it.' I said and mount the horse. Dallas, Ethan and Sam both got onto their horses and mounted them to. 'Not only can I handle a human but I can also handle a animal.' I giggle to Sam. He just smiles. Ethan turns his head as quickly. 'Crud! More has just came down Elliot street!' Dallas yells. We place our horses into a gallop and race out of the city as fast as we can. 'Don't look back! More are just fast approaching and my horse is slowing down!' Ethan screams. Sam slows down his horse.

'Jump onto my horse!'

'Its too dangerous!' Ethan yells

'Quick!' Yells Sam

As I turn my head to see Ethan leap off his horse and onto Sam's. It was a lucky landing, he could've fallen off and feel victim to the infected. Ethan's horse escaped the infected with our supplies still on it's back. The look on Ethan and Sam's face told how tired and relieved they were.

'Looks like they've given up.' Says Dallas puffing as she talks. In the distance I spot a small town. To get there you had to cross a large area of grass fields. 'Hey our best shot is heading for the town.' I yell to the group.

'Sounds good!' Ethan yells.

As we enter the grassy fields under the horses feet there seems to be dead infected shushing under the hoofs if the horses. 'Ewww!' Screams Dallas. 'How did this happen? Were there others like bad people?' I think for a second. We haven't meet anyone who would want to kill us. Nor anyone who would want to.

We get past the grass fields and into the small town. No-one said anything for ages until James breaks the silence. 'Look a small mall, we should stay there for the night.' He says pointing into the distance. We reach the mall and there's no-one around not even infected. We walk our horses into a toy shop. 'Is there any shops that sell like beds or something soft?' Dallas whispers trying not to be herd. 'No sorry.' I whisper back. 'But I wish.' I reply

We settle down into the toy shop. While Sam boards off the doors of the shop as I see Dallas walking into the storage room. As I follow her James stops me. 'How long do you think we should stay? I mean we have supplies and everything, there's a food shop at the end of the mall, if you want Ethan and I can check it out?' He questions.
'Umm...nah. Don't worry, there's probably nothing left of it anyway.' I reply. He nods his head and walks to help Sam lock the doors. I turn my head behind my shoulder to see if anyone is watching. As I walk behind the counter and into the storage room, I see that Dallas isn't there.

'Looking for me?' Dallas says behind me questioning what I was doing.
'You have me a fright!' I reply. 'Yes, I was just checking if there was any food or water.' I smile and she smiles back. 'Theres some tin cans of beans there. Which is what we've been living off for three days so far.' She replies scratching her arm. I look at her from head to toe. 'Thanks.' She says and walks into the storage room. Five cans of beens are sitting on the table next to boxes of video games and game controls. I pick them up and shove them in my pocket along with some paper clips I found with them. I hear something crash in the other room, as I turn around to see James sitting with Dallas. 'Hey! get some antidote from the bag!' He screens. As I run to the bag I hear Dallas slowly slip away, I finally find the antidote and run over to James. I look at Dallas. Her face is pale and under her eyes is black rings, her hands are cold and eyes are cloudy. 'Hang in there. It's only gonna hurt for a few seconds.' But before I could even finish what I was saying Dallas grabs my arm. 'No...wait...save the antidote on someone who needs it.' She whispers. 'I will not have you die. Not now. You need this!' James yells. But it's too late before I could even give her the antidote. James snaps and grabs the needle, tears filling his eyes. He doesn't take long to inject the needle into he arm. Dallas lets out a long breath before her eyes roll back. The antidote didn't work.