Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 19)

Start from the beginning

          Who am I kidding? Its common knowledge that I, the girl who had an affair with Danny, wouldn’t be invited to his wedding.

          I turn onto my stomach on the bed and face plant my face into the pillow and laugh a bit. My life was so miserable that I laughed about it.

          I force myself out of bed to get dressed for the rest of the long night ahead.

          I wanted to stay there and feel sorry for myself, but this was my last night in New York City I had to enjoy myself and I would.

I needed to look my best. So I walked to the bathroom and a slowly did my make up to perfection. I pulled the rollers out, and my curls fell perfectly into place. I finally walked into my room, and slipped my new white dress on and a pair of black pumps. I felt absolutely untouchable.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, then a voice. “Samantha, are you almost ready?”

I looked at myself once more before, “Yeah I'm coming.”

I opened the door to see Grant standing there in a tie, with a white button up shirt. He looked very nice, I had to say. Dressing up was definitely a good look for him. Of course I had seen him wearing nice shirts and pants, but never a coat and tie look.

Grants face lights up when I open the door, “Samantha, you look amazing.”

“As do you Mr. Sullivan.”

“Are you done getting dressed?”

I nod quickly and walk out of the room behind Grant. My heart sped up as I thought about what would happen tonight. I was pretty much standing in front of my dreams face to face. I wasn’t exactly sure of what to think, it wasn’t every supposed to be this easy. Not saying that I'm not thankful.

“The cab is waiting downstairs, so we better get a move on it.” Grant and I both waved goodbye to Cannon who was lying on the couch watching Sex in the City. I couldn’t help but find it odd. What guy watches Sex in The City?

I laugh to myself for a moment, just thinking… Could Cannon be gay? I glance over to Grant in the cab for a moment, no way. Cannon doesn’t even look gay, he is handsome and boyish. 

          The cab finally sped of towards the restaurant. We were having dinner at one of the nicest steakhouses in New York City called The Strip House.

          The place was beautiful, and you could definitely tell that it was a five star place. The inside was a burgundy red color, with pictures of old movie stars everywhere. It reminded me of the diner Danny had taken me too in Princeton; although this place was a lot more formal.

          Grant and I walked in, and followed the lady dressed in all black towards the back, secluded room. I felt really important walking through all the tables that were just out in the open. Grant had told me that we were having dinner in a private room, alone which made things more legit than they already were.