Chapter 5: Children of the Damned

Nina's POV

"Nina! We're ready for you on set!" Julie yells sticking her head through the hair and makeup door.

"Teresa just finished my makeup, I was about to go there," I answer her.

"Ok well, come on!" she says, taking me by the hand and walking me out.

"Are you excited to be kissing the all-hot-and-sexy Smolderholder?" she asks me as we walk down the hall.

"You too? Who told you about that name?" I ask, a bit annoyed that today everyone on set seemed to know about it.

"I think it was the girls. But, then again, maybe I just heard it around set. Everyone seems to know about it".

Exactly my point.

We get to the old Damon bedroom set from 1864, where I see Ian laying down on the bed, someone putting the last touch of powder on his face. I walk to the bed and lay down next to him.

"Well, hello there, my hot and sexy evil vampire mastermind," he greets.

"Lot of adjectives in that one sentence," I say.

"Ooh, and smart too," he smirks. God, I loved that smirk. No! Nina, stop thinking like that!

"Nina, Ian!" Kevin calls from the edge of the set, just behind the camera. "We're ready to start! Places!"

Before we start, our director, Marcos, approaches Ian and I.

"Ok, guys. So, Nina, I want you to be laying down sideways facing the camera. Yup, that's good. And, Ian, hug her from behind," he says as Ian does what he's told. "Yeah, that's good. Just get a bit closer to her". Ian gets closer. "Closer," he repeats. Ian gets closer and I can feel almost all of his chest touching my back. "And...just a little bit closer". Ian gets so close I can literally feel his chest moving when he breathes, but that seemed to satisfy Marcos as he went to sit down next to the camera. "Ok, and ACTION!" he yells.

I turn around to face Ian and kiss him deeply. This is the first time we kissed, and I didn't know what I was expecting. But I certainly don't think I was expecting it to be this good. As we keep kissing, Ian lies down on top of me and starts kissing my neck. Then, as the script read, I push him off of me and say "hey! What are you doing? Stop it!"

"Make me!" he replies with a smile. At that, I quickly turn over and get on top of him.

"And...CUT!" Marcos yells. I hadn't realized how much I was gasping for breath until now. I look at Ian beneath me and notice he's doing the same. He looks up and we just stare at each other for what feels like hours.

"Guys that was great!" says Marcos, approaching us. "Now we just have to do that again but Nina you need fangs this time. Don't worry you're not going to be doing the entire scene with fangs, that would be kind of hard! We'll take it from where we just cut". And with that he leaves the set and goes to talk with Kevin and Julie. I get off Ian and sit down next to him on the bed while I wait for someone to bring in the fangs.

"I have to say, that went well," Ian says from next to me. I turn to look at him.

"Yeah, yeah it did. I thought we were going to have some stupid blooper from that scene or something. I didn't think it was going to be that easy," I reply.

"Nina?" he says.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to come over today? After we finish filming?" he asks. He seemed kind of nervous. Why would he be nervous? It's not like I'd never gone to his house before.

"Sure," I say. At that moment, I see Teresa come into set with my fangs. Well, last scene and then we finish.

* * * * * * * * * * * *