"And you know this how?"

"I have faith." He smiles slightly. He then leans down slowly and takes my face to meet his in a gentle and delicate kiss. I freeze for a good two seconds before letting him lead me in my first kiss. The moment I expected to be a disaster turned out to be one of the sweetest moments of my life. He pulls back slightly, locking eyes with me to make sure I'm okay. I nod slightly, giving him permission to kiss me again. This time he puts a hand on my waist. Let me tell you its not a rauchy teen age kiss. Its a sweet kiss between someone who you know has the upmost respect for you. He pulls away again. "You're crying." He comments. Slowly packing everything up before taking my hand in his and leading the hike back down. I choose that moment to answer.

"That may have been my first kiss."

"And it made you cry? Was it that bad?"

"No. Its was perfect. I'm kinda emotional also."

"I'm glad it was perfect." We've now reached my cabin. "Good night. See you in the morning kailee."

"Night beckett." I smile at him in the semi darkness. I head inside to enjoy a peaceful shower and blissful sleep.

Its around noon the next day when I get a text from Kailee. Its rare she texts me cause service is rare up there.

Kailee-jean: EMERGENCY GROUP CALL 5 MINUTES.

Im assuming she sent the same to Blaire, thats our standard text for when something big happens. I'm laying lazily on my bed listening to worth dying for. I california christian band Cruz introduced me to.

In exactly five minute the phone rings. Blaire and kailee are both there.

"Hello?"

"Sup""

"Hey."

We all greet each other in our own way.

"Okay spill it Kailee. Whats up?" I urge

"I may have kissed a guy!" She shrieks into the phone.

"What???" Me and Blaire say in unison.

"Ohemgee spill."

"You know the guy I go on my weekly hikes with?"

"Beck?"

"Yes! Well yesterday we were hanging out, but this time, he kissed me. Twice!"

"Our baby Kailee!"

"Oh my! Kailee!!!"

"How was it?"

"It was so sweet. Little emotional me started crying. He was so gentle. I've never felt so respected... Is it bad that I want to kiss him again?"

"Of course not! We need to celebrate!!"

"Oh no! I have to go guys! Emeree knock it off! Love you guys bye!" Kailee rushes off the line,

"I'm happy for her." Blaire tells me.

"She's falling in love?"

"You think so?"

"You can hear it in her voice. But she needs it."

"That she does."

"Kelsey want to go to the mall?" I ask my stepsister as my mission is still to make her be my friend.

"Well... Okay." She shrugs agreeing. This is a first.

"Yay! We can get an outfit for fourth of July!" I exclaim

"Sounds good. I'll be ready in a few minutes."

We head to the mall about fifteen minutes in search for Fourth of july outfits.

"Why don't you like me?" I ask her curiously.

"Cause." She continues to flip through garments on the rack.

"Cause why?" I further inquire.

"You think youre perfect and life is perfect and its not."

"I'm not perfect. But life is perfect. I have a great life. Whats wrong with that?"

"Everything."

"Not really. Thats not a reason not to like me."

"You think life is some big party."

"I don't see whats wrong with that." I pick out some white cotton shorts and a bright red vest top.

"You will one day."

"Can we be friends till then?"

"Sure Darcy. You won't get it either way."

"Yay!" I ignore her comment hugging her excitedly. Finally. I think I won this one.

"Hey were having a fourth of July barbecue here. Bring your friends. Its also our lockdown so we will be here all night." I recite to the groups of kids walking into service.

"Hey Blaire." A nice girl named Sarah waves to me. "Are you going with Mercer to the party?"

"Uumm.. Well not really." I shrug. Me and mercer have constantly fought everyday, but I can't deny I have feelings for him. Really strong feelings.

"So would it be okay if we go together? Me and mercer? I want to ask cause I know you guys are close."

"Oh no. You can ask if you want. I don't know if he'll say yes." I fake a smile secretly wanting him to say no.

So you can imagine my disappointment when he said yes to her.

"Jealous?" Mercer whispers to me.

"Of what?"

"Me and sarah going to the party together." He smirks cheesely

"Of course not." I shake my head at him. "In fact, I was going with some one already." I secretly lie.

"Oh really?" He challenges, "who?"

"Ummm." I look quickly around the auditorium. "Gavin." I pick a chill guy who I've talked to a few times.

"Just give it up Blaire." He scuffs.

"Jealous?" I mock

"Of you two? Never."

__________________________

Whoops! Forgot to upload!

This chapters shorter cause next chapter is so long. Its fourth of July so, lots happening.

Hint* next chapter contains: lots of Tears, two kisses, two hook ups and a diss.

Comment what happens to who!

Upload tomorrow

Vote

Fan

Comment

Xoxo