Chapter 23 Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

"Don't worry, you look good," Danny says with a smile.

Anna starts blushing whilst saying, "Thank you."

Without a shadow of doubt, I am sure something is happening between the two. They clearly have feelings for each other, I am not sure if Andrew has noticed though. He could live with two lovers in the house and not notice, though I doubt that they're dating or anything.

I look at Anna who has her gaze fixed on the floor, and back and Danny who shyly looks down. I now know for sure that something  is going on there, even when they're looking down, their gazes constantly meet.

"Good, now that that is settled, your mission is to destroy. I don't want that lab standing when you leave," the Controller says clenching his fists.

***

I'm  amazed at the number of guards in the place, I can't even tell if the guards are beasts or normal. They could all be beasts, then we would be greatly outnumbered. I look through the walls and to the lab beneath. "Everybody touch me," I say.

"Uhm no thank you," Anna gives me a quizzical look.

"Just trust me on this," my eyes almost begging her to play along.

They all obey and touch me, "Now I'm going to teleport. Do not let go until we reach there," I say checking if everyone is touching me. I then teleport them down into the lab, and this time scientists are working in the lab.

"What are you doing here? All guards should remain upstairs," says a scrawny man who has a ponytail.

"That's the thing," Andrew destroys a test tube next to him with a jolt of electricity, "we ain't your average guards."

The scientists hurry up the stairs, many of them fearing for their lives. We know that we'll alarm the guards at the top, but our mission is not to go in and out without being detected. Our mission is to destroy.

The scientists trip over each other as they run, a stampede of scientists run up these stairs.

We all turn our gazes to a small boy in a tube filled with water. The boy however can somehow breath, underneath the water. His eyes are closed, he must be asleep. We click on the release button, all the water sinks out before it opens.

The boy drops to the floor, and opens his eyes. He stands up and takes a few steps back. "We're not going to hurt you," I say moving closer. The boy steps back until he is against the tube.

He keeps looking to the sides whilst he keeps us all at arms length away. "What do you want with me?"

"Nothing, we're here to set you free," I say pointing up, "I can teleport  you home if you want?"

The boy looks at us, he runs across the room faster than any human should be able to. He jumps on the walls and sticks to it, he crawls up the wall.The others watch in amazement as the boy jumps up and starts flying. He breaks through the roof above him and flies out of sight.

"Should we be worried about that?" Anna asks, pointing  upwards.

Bruce shrugs as he melts the tubes around him with his hands. He lets the gas escape from his hands and melt everything in sight.

Danny grows huge and starts throwing everything around with ease. Andrew breaks everything he passes next to, whilst Anna just stands there watching the chaos. I throw everything around, the test tubes, tables even the tube-like-pod I was once in.

Entering their lab was a lot easier this time, and thanks to my vision and teleportation we managed to get in easily.The horror that awaits us just up the flight of stairs is unimaginable. The place was already highly guarded because of the previous attack.

As we destroy, the guards are already making their way down here. I levitate up turning everyone's attention to me.

"I didn't know he could fly," Andrew says, looking at me in amazement.

I shoot blasts of energy with my hands in all directions. Anna sees the change in my face, I look a lot more in control. My eyes blazing with fire as I shoot energy, Anna couldn't help but notice how invincible I look.

It is like something takes over my whole body, and I'm left with a face of sheer anger and determination. Shaun is obviously someone who has been through a lot, he uses these chances to take out the anger inside of him, Anna thinks.

He keeps so much of everything bottled up inside, he hardly ever speaks about how he feels. Everytime he uses his powers, he unleashes the rage inside of him. She has never seen anything like this. Could the power really be getting to him, could it be revealing the darkness in him, she continues diving deep into thought.

I fly to the side trying to dodge an attack from my side. I fly slowly and sloppily because I lack training, much like a bird learning to fly.

Claws scratch across my shoulder, sending blood splattering on the floor below. I turn myself  around to see a bird like human flying on my side.

"You look like a chick learning to fly," the man says whilst slowly flapping the wings that are on his back. There are feathers all around the man's body, and he actually has a beak. His feet look like a bird's feet and so do his hands. Razer sharp claws appear on the man's hands. He flaps his black wings together sending a gust of wind in my direction. The wind blows me backwards as I struggle to keep myself  afloat.

"It's a shame I'll have to chop those wings of you," I say with a dark smirk on my face.

The man backs up preparing for a charge at me, "You're awfully confident for a bird that can hardly fly."