Ch 41: From C to Shining D

Start from the beginning

Gabriel climbs up the tree and undoes the rope, the bag falls down with a soft thud and a little crunch. Now the swear words start.

"What in the fuck was that noise??" Gabriel asks as he climbs back down the tree. He runs over to the bag, rips it open and stares at the leaves and twigs.

Luke and I crack up and finally tell him where his bag is. As he goes off to retrieve it Nathan is just getting out of his tent. The front of his hair is sticking straight up. The shaving cream has dried up and left his locks crusty and stiff. Had his hair been longer he'd look like Brad Pitt in Johnny Suede.

"Nice hair" Victor says to Nathan.

"Look who's talking pretty boy." Nathan retorts, referring most likely to Victor's makeup clad face.

That's when both boys have realized they've been pranked. Victor frowns as he touches his face, finally feeling the sticky makeup. Nathan reaches up and pats his head only to find his hair doesn't move and is no longer as soft as rabbits fur.

Just as their realizations hit, Silas comes out of his tent.

Victor notices the drawings on his face and turns to me, "Princess, you pranked us all?"

"Luke did too!" I say, making sure I'm not the only one going down for this.

We all laugh it off and make our way through the camp grounds toward the showers. We go our separate ways to shower and change for the day ahead. My fear of showers prevents me from using them, but luckily everyone has already finished and I'm able to wet a towel and wash myself that way. I'm thankful for my sessions with Dr. Roberts. Had I not figured out that I unconsciously avoided showers I would have probably thought nothing of taking one today and blacked out in front of everyone. I'm glad to avoid that embarrassment.

As I make my way out and towards the gathering area I hear a lot of laughing and commotion going on. I instantly spot my friends who are huddled around talking.

"Which one do you think is Sang's?" I hear Luke ask.

"The small one, with the polka dots." Nathan answers.

"You don't know shit Nathan!," Gabriel says "It's the big pink one. Have you seen her put her phone in there? It practically disappears, it has to be the big one."

"I think Aggele wears lace. It has to be the blue lace one, delicate just like her."  Silas says thoughtfully.

What are they talking about?

When I finally make my way over North is nowhere in sight. Victor and Kota are staring at the ground and they're...blushing?? Why would they be blushing? Silas, Luke, Gabriel and Nathan are all...looking up at the sky? Okay, now I really need to know what is going on!

I stand next to the group and startle Luke because he jumps and immediately grabs me by the shoulders and turns me around.

"Sang, didn't see you there!"

"Luke, what are you guys looking at?" I try to turn around, but he keeps a firm grip on my shoulders. I use a maneuver my parents taught me to get out of his grasp. I swing my right arm under and around both of his to break his hold and twist myself around.

When I look up I find a sea of panties and bras flying in the sky like a flag on the Fourth of July. One of my bras is hanging there too!!

I spot North storming towards the flagpole. He uses the rope to lower the string of undergarments, balls them up and storms back towards me shoving them in my arms with a grunt before he storms off again.