Chapter 1

"With the 11th, pick in the NBA Draft, The Golden State Warriors select," Jennifer holding on to her brother, Klay Thompson, arm. The whole Thompson family get nervous, but they don't show it. Except for Jennifer. You can tell she is very nervous by just hugging her brothers arm. "Klay Thompson." Jennifer hugs her brother and so does the rest of the family.

This was a very big moment for Mychal Thompson, Jennifer's father. Mychal was in the NBA when he was younger. He really wanted all of his children to be in a sports career. His oldest son, Mychel, joined the NBA and was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers and a whole bunch of other teams that Jennifer couldn't keep up with. Then, they now have Klay Thompson joining the NBA. Trayce Thompson, Mychal's other son, joined the MLB Chicago White Sox. And now for Jennifer, she really didn't want to be in a sport. As much she loved playing basketball and volleyball, she didn't want to have a sports career. And she kept it to herself because she knew her parents-well, mostly her dad- were going to be devastated.

After the draft, The Thompson family decided to celebrate by an all-time favorite Mexican dinner, by the San Francisco Bay area.

"Congratulations, son! You are in the NBA. I am so proud of you. This is a very big moment, it was a big moment for me, and your brother, Mychel." Mychal told his son, Klay who was looking through the beverages.

"Thanks, Dad. Without you, or Mychel, I wouldn't be here. I love basketball so much. I am glad that I was choosen by the Golden State Warriors. Even though, they haven't won a championship for 40 years. That's a long time," Klay nodded his head, while dropping the menu, "but I am willing to when that championship, one way or the other." Klay seemed really determined.

"Are you going to tell Hannah?" Mychel asked Klay, who brought out his phone and started texting.

"Yeah, I just texted her right now. She is going to be so happy."

"Yeah, happy that you are going to be a millionaire." Jennifer thought to herself. She really hated Hannah. Hannah is Klay's girlfriend. The first time Jennifer got to meet Hannah, she was a bitch. And Jennifer knew that Hannah wasn't just dating Klay. I mean, who can a beautiful girl, with a perfect body, have just only one guy stare at her ass. Hannah and Klay have been together for 2 years, almost 3.

"Oh yeah, how is Hannah doing?" Julie asked, "you haven't seen her in a while." Julie grabbed a tortilla chip and held it to her mouth. Jennifer rolled her eyes, but Mychel spotted her.

"She is doing great. I was actually thinking about proposing to her during a game." Jennifer went eye-wide and gave her brother a death stare. She did not like the sound of that. Everyone was congratulating him, except for Jennifer.

"You are very lucky," Trayce told Klay, Jennifer crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, she didn't want to talk to nobody, "Hannah is a very beautiful young lady, and has a perfect body. She is healthy and very strong."

"Okay, okay, okay, enough about.. Hannah, and let's talk about me." Jennifer interrupted with her hands pointing at herself, "I am thinking about being a comedian, than being in a sports career."

Awkward silence was in the air. Jennifer was guessing they wouldn't want her to be a comedian. Why couldn't they understand and let Jennifer do what she wanted to do. She couldn't understand that fact.
Jennifer had to break the silence, "And, I am thinking about moving to LA in 3 or 4 years." Mychal rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"Why would you want to be a comedian? All you do is write stupid jokes, and have people laugh at you." Trayce told his little sister with frustration.

"They aren't laughing at me, they are just laughing at how funny it is. And I think that's my kind of job. I mean I make everyone laugh, I love laughing myself and I know that people will love my jokes. I have few jokes that are saved at home. And I love comedians." Jennifer was undefeated. She knew that her mom would back her up and so would her father, which she really wasn't excepting. Of course, the 3 brothers were shocked, the fact that their dad let her do what she wanted.

After the dinner, they all meet up at Julie's and Mychal's house. The big boy house. They were really rich, and this house was like a mansion on the outside, and on the inside.

The family walked to the front door of the house, as Julie unlocked it. They all walked their way through the hallway, into the living room and hung out on the couch.

"Jennifer, I was thinking, I want to invite you to the dinner that the whole Golden State Warriors team invited me to and you can invite one person from your family, so I choose you to come with me." Klay gave her a look that only both of them knew. The 'your coming whether you like it or not' look.

"I would love to go, but it depends. When is it?" Jennifer hated when Klay gave her that look, because if she refuses, Klay was going to make her clean his house.

"Next week. And I only wanted to invite you because you are the only sibling that the team doesn't know about." He said, as he took his phone and sent Jennifer all the details.

"Okay, well, I guess I will be there." She said smiling before she pulled her phone out. This was a perfect time for her and her brother to bond together and she can finally tell what she feels about Hannah.

"Great! Thank you, this means a lot. But it is a long drive because, the restaurant is across town so, I think it will be better to save us some gasoline and money, so I just might pick you up and take you there." Jennifer nodded and looked through Instagram.

"That is totally fine, because I get to sleep during the ride." Jennifer smiled at Klay, who rolled his eyes.

○●○●

The day before the dinner

Jennifer still lives with her parents, until she finds a place in LA. She wants to LA because that's where she was born, but she was raised in San Francisco. She visited LA one point of her life, and now she wants to go back. It was just very lovely, and she gets to start a new life.

Jennifer was looking at houses in LA on her laptop, when her phone ranged.

Klay.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jen." Klay seemed like he was stressed out. Probably from the dinner tomorrow trying to impress his teammates

"What's up? You seem stressed."

"Well, we have to dress really, really fancy, but I have nothing. Nothing. My whole closet is just filled with everyday clothes."

Really. Klay was stressed over that. Klay is never stressed out, especially over that.

"And how does that affect me?" Jennifer really could careless about Klay's wardrobe drama.

"Just can you please help me! We could go to a store and buy something. I just want your help, because you do men's fashion for living. I don't. So Just help me." Jennifer had the greatest idea. She could have her brother time bonding and she can finally tell him about that bitch, Hannah.

"Fine. I need a dress myself anyways. I will come over. Or do you want to meet me at the mall?" Jennifer closed her laptop and sat up at the edge of the bed.

"I will meet you there. Thank you really much." Klay hung right before she can respond.

Jennifer got up, and stripped down her pj's and pulled her high-waisted white ripped jeans, and a black cropped long sleeve shirt, white a pair of black and white converse. She grabbed her sunglasses, purse, and her keys.

As Jennifer went downstairs, she told her parents so was going to meet up with Klay. She headed out the door and into her car. As she pulled out, she turned the radio on to, 'Truffle Butter by Drake, Nicki Minaj, and Lil Wayne'.

She pulled into the mall spotting her brothers glowing, white sports car. As she parked, she got off and head the direction she saw where her brother was.

"Let the torture begin." Jennifer patted Klay's left shoulder, as the two walked into Macy's.