Chapter 9

NOT EDITED -- PLEASE EXCUSE MISTAKES!

Chapter 9

To have now, forever

In the waiting room, Zay sat impatiently, trying to control his worry for Samantha. What mattered most was that she was okay. She had gone into shock in the very backseat of his car. Her baby was gone, taken right out of her arms, and she couldn't do anything about it.

In her eyes, when she was pulled from that house, Zay was the enemy, although she didn't know the man who'd only been there to help her, was in fact Mike's bestfriend back in high school and college, not that Mike went, he had 'better' things to attain his time with. Zay was always there for her, even when her own boyfriend wasn't.

He'd taken claim on her baby girl as her honorary uncle once he'd found out Mike had a baby by his sweetheart. A baby that he didn't deserve, because he wasn't there to see her. Hell, the kid may as well have called Zay daddy instead.

Mike had taken everything too far when he'd dug himself in a deep hole that Zay had no desire to dig him out of. For years he'd seen Mike's life deteriorate. He'd saw his friend spiral on a downward path, but somehow, Samantha remained by his side through all the bullshit he'd put her through; how she did it, no one knew. Looking from the outside, anyone would claim they'd leave, but what was she to do with a baby? Yeah, she had a degree, but that was it.

Mike had her wrapped around his finger, or so he thought. Everyone around him seemed to do as he said, but that never was enough for him. Why?

Greed.

Didn't he learn his lesson back in '08 when he took that bullet to his right arm? When he'd decided to dabble in the drug game for the sake of his 'empire' he wanted to build. He craved to be praised, he wanted to be on top. He had a bad bitch at home, and plenty of em around Atlanta and their surrounding cities. He WAS the muthafuckin' man, and he dared anybody to say otherwise.

He wanted to be on top, and that was the very problem. He didn't care who had to fall down under him in the process. He didn't care about nobody or the fact that he was putting in danger every single person around him.

When his bestfriend, Xaiver--who everyone called Zay, saw what he was doing to himself, he stepped in, tried to help and talk some since into his knucklehead friend's head.

"You ain't gotta do this bruh, what about my niece?" Zay would encourage, but those words fell on deaf ears as always. Mike would plaster his infamous smirk on his handsome face, and say to Zay what he'd said plenty of times before.

"I can quit when I want. I do this shit for fun." And as always, Zay shook his head. He didn't know this Mike, and that's exactly why he began to distance himself from him, but he'd never lost contact with Samantha, and deep down, he knew exactly why.

Now, being the selfish and greedy man that Mike was, when he'd put his investment to use, in music, he had slowed down a bit, but kept his money flowing through the people around him. The same young niggas he use to shoot hoops with Zay on hot summer days was breaking down and bagging his drugs.

The same niggas that had hung at his Mama's house after a long day at school to suck down some of her sweet tea was killing innocent people with the white powder and the green herb he was supplying. It didn't stop there either, pills, bath salts, anything you could think of, and somehow, Mike had his hand in it, selling it, that is.

Even when he'd been with Natasha, but he did love her, and that's why he wasn't as heavy on it as in his younger days. But, sometimes, music wasn't the only thing he was producing at that big studio.